Ahahaha. Really.

I'm starting an ambient neo-classical progressive metal band and I want some real strings to augment the sound. Some songs by composer Nobuo Uematsu are examples of what I look to do, except...what's the word...heavier would be the only fitting term.

Thanks.

EDIT: Age 13-17 ish. Yeah, I'm kind of young, but I'm really optimistic on how this will turn out.
Quote by Angels Fighter
we once had night of just slapping each others ass. Is that incest?

call me evan.

bass militia's pretentious dick. pm dinkydaisy.

the trap i set for you seems to've caught my leg instead.

<meh> I'm pro black penis in my bum
Last edited by Piro Gonzalez at Mar 10, 2007,
Unfortunately, I neither play violin, viola, cello, double bass or the harp, nor do I live in the US at all, but this project of yours really excites me. If all goes well, please PM me a link where I can hear a sample of some of the stuff you create because it sounds so damn awesome.

Are you going to be instrumental or not out of curiosity? Also, will you do a cover of the FFVII: Advent Children version of One-Winged Angel? It rocks hardcore.

Good luck with this, it sounds really exciting.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Felkara
Unfortunately, I neither play violin, viola, cello, double bass or the harp, nor do I live in the US at all, but this project of yours really excites me. If all goes well, please PM me a link where I can hear a sample of some of the stuff you create because it sounds so damn awesome.

Are you going to be instrumental or not out of curiosity? Also, will you do a cover of the FFVII: Advent Children version of One-Winged Angel? It rocks hardcore.

Good luck with this, it sounds really exciting.

Thank you for an intelligent reply. We are going to be mostly instrumental, but I have managed to secure a couple of musicians who are capable of some very good vocals, so we're going to have some non-instrumentals.

And sure, just for you. That song does rock very hardcore.
Quote by Angels Fighter

call me evan.

Quote by aild2006
omg...

You, on the other hand....

Just pick me up an Ed Gein shirt today and I'll reimburse you.
Quote by Angels Fighter

call me evan.

Quote by Piro Gonzalez
You, on the other hand....

Just pick me up an Ed Gein shirt today and I'll reimburse you.

no they canceled
and a harp really wouldn't work in a prog band
I don't like as i lay dying
Quote by aild2006
no they canceled
and a harp really wouldn't work in a prog band

That depends on how it's used. For augmenting a symphonic, neo-classical, ambient metal band, I forsee its working fairly well. For those who may be interested, I'm looking at a mix of, say, Opeth, The Sound of Animals Fighting, Sigur Ros, The Human Abstract, The Mars Volta, and Nobuo Uematsu. Something like that.
Quote by Angels Fighter

call me evan.

yea still
it wouldn't mix
tsoaf used a harp on some songs only and besides, you really don't have anyone your age who is into prog or can even play their instrument that well. try dmk i bet he'll be happy to join
I don't like as i lay dying
Quote by aild2006
yea still
it wouldn't mix
tsoaf used a harp on some songs only and besides, you really don't have anyone your age who is into prog or can even play their instrument that well. try dmk i bet he'll be happy to join

"No thanks"

Ahahaha. Well, I'm now asking out of state to get the core band filled out, and just posting classifieds for the strings.
Quote by Angels Fighter

call me evan.