I find the human body immensely interesting and wish to share my interest. Some people from the U.K. will already have seen these public autopsies, because they were shown on public television (Channel 4) entitled Anatomy for Beginners. The autopsies were carried out by Dr. Gunther von Hagens (pictured), who you may know as the inventor of the plastination technique of preserving bodies (worthy of a thread in itself, see the picture of the camel below), and famous for carrying out his autopsies while wearing his hat.

I must stress, if you're squeamish, you may find these videos unpleasant. However, if you can overcome your initial disgust, they are truly fascinating. Hopefully there will be a significant number of people on here who are mature enough to appreciate them.

First Programme, Clip One
First Programme, Clip Two
First Programme, Clip Three
First Programme, Clip Four

I've only been able to find the first programme so far, as you can see. If I manage to find the others I'll post them as well.

I saw these programmes - they were awesome - but are you actually allowed to link to them on UG?
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by Dirge Humani
Does that camel have 3 heads???

It's three slices of the head.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by flambe chicken
I saw these programmes - they were awesome - but are you actually allowed to link to them on UG?

I thought they might be considered gore, but because it's purely academic I think it'd be wrong to consider them as such. You see the same things in biology text books for example.
They were incredible, I remember watching them at school and I was so fascinated. But his hat does hake mine slightly scary...
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I remember when i was younger, I was flicking through the channels late at night with my cock in my hands, heading for channel 5 (as you do) and I came across this programme. Very interesting.
« »
Quote by Felkara
They were incredible, I remember watching them at school and I was so fascinated. But his hat does hake mine slightly scary...

He reminds me of Van Helsing.
it is interesting if slightly scary, although I think looking through my med student friend's texbooks has permenantly scarred me(the penis disections were more than a little bit freaky)

as to the whether or not you should be able to post this I think you should since you actually want to discuss it and it's not a gross out or spam
Quote by Burpin'Worm
I remember when i was younger, I was flicking through the channels late at night with my cock in my hands, heading for channel 5 (as you do) and I came across this programme. Very interesting.

I loved watching these.... I taped them, and am watching them again now, actually The Life and Death series is helping me loads with my Biology of Disease module at university... very much respect the man, even though he does have a silly hat that reminds me of the bad guy out of Poltergeist III....... anyways, I am very impressed with the maturity and professionalism of Gunther von Hagens, and also that he has half my surname (Hagens)

After watching them, I decided to force my parents to take me to Amsterdam when we were next visiting family over in the Netherlands... the museum had a great exhibition with lots of specimens in formaldehyde jars and the like.... very interesting stuff.
I remember when that show was on, everybody used to talk about it. I've never been able to watch them, perhaps I will sometime in the future, but I can barely watch the very few pretend medical operations in Scrubs.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
He is awsome, and so is his work. I went to the Bodyworlds exhibition with my dad when it was on in London- it really doesn't hit you until after you leave that they were actual people... Some great stuff there though- like the goalkeeper with all his muscles exposed in action
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^^ that must have been cool... when was that being exhibited?

it was a few years back- (a quick wikipedia check states March 21, 2002 - February 9, 2003) but that was the first one, and i think they're up to the third now.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Whoa, thanks for linking, I'll definitely check these out.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Apparantly, Gunther Van Thingy befriended the world's biggest man, so that he could have his body to cut up when he died/dies.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by Robbie n strat
Here are some of the bodies which he's plastinated. Amazing, I think you'll agree.

You just cannot comprehend the size and magnificence of that from the picture. It was the last thing in the hall before going down to the actual process exhibits (where plastination was demonstrated in steps), and i tell you, looking up at it is just amazing.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Quote by ToolBass_dude
You just cannot comprehend the size and magnificence of that from the picture. It was the last thing in the hall before going down to the actual process exhibits (where plastination was demonstrated in steps), and i tell you, looking up at it is just amazing.

I would absolutely love to see them face to face, as it were. Unless I have exams at the time of the next one, I'll certainly be willing to travel down to London to see them.
along with band of brothers, my favourite ever tv series. shame there wasnt more of them made.
Quote by Twist of fate
those boobs

Those of the pregnant lady who has been plastinated, or those of the 84 year old woman in the first video?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^ there's been at least 3 series, each of 4 episodes, I believe

well 12 episodes is just plain not enough for such an amazing, facinating show. i want more!