Good Afternoon, Pitmonkeys, Today holds beautiful weather, its a warmer day in this month of March, what better thing to do, than Go Hill Bombing! For those of you who are challenged in the lingo of "boarders" hill Bombing is a term used for Longboarders to do jsut that...> BOMB THAT F*CKING HILL FASTER THAN You're comfortable doing. So I dedicate this thread to all of you who HillBomb, Carve, Slide, Dance, Cruise and all of those longboard talents in between. If you Longboard. Stand up high and proud of what you do, and Post your Tools of the Trade.

First We have my Essential Sector9 Bamboo Board, at 40 inches in length, this is my Favorite Hill Carver/cruiser of All.

and of course my pride and joy

My Landyachtz DH RACE, this Son-ofa-b*tch is the fastest godd*mn thing I own (other than my car) Bombing hills at speeds from 40-55 mph you have to really have a pair of steel balls with you at ALL TIMES, There is NO room for error, (trust me I have the Scars)

Post Your Boards, and what your favorite Longboarding pasttime is....
Last edited by Kyle Gass at Mar 10, 2007,
longboarding kicks the crap outta skateboarding. Though i don't own 1 at the moment

EtId: nope not even close to pwnage
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Quote by JoshRidesBikes
Gay, get a real skateboard.

/\ Pwnd
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by JoshRidesBikes
Gay, get a real skateboard.

^ warnt.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
I have a Freebord, does that count?
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
All right then
I don't get to do it much (Israel sucks, not many hills in my area), but we have this holiday here called Yom Kippur where there are no cars/buses, so I bomb every possible hill in the vicinity of my home.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
This looks interesting, Id love to try this one day.. . How much do these things go for?

And also, is this Kyle Gass from like. Tenacious D?!?
yea, thats a good question. How much would a beginner's board cost? and any recommendations for which to get?

EDIT: also, what protection gear does one need? and how does one get started at hill bombing?
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Mar 10, 2007,
Well for starters, I'd have to say you can get a longboard from $70.00 to about 1500.00 dollars, its all depends on what you want, MY DH Race was 300.00 and My Sector 9 Bamboo was 165.00, I'd go with Sec9's for beginners, they have fairly cheap boards, and you can always EBAY em.
www.sector9.com

Edit: Protective Gear... Well For what I do, Hill bombing is Dangerous, pending on how fast you go I HIGHLY RECOMMEND helmets, no they dont look cool to most, but I'd rather have a retarded looking helmet, than being a veg in a hospital bed somewhere.
Gloves: Gravity gloves, for sliding, and The Coleman 180 (a skating Technique to stop at high speeds).
Knee pads, wrist pads, Elbow pads are all reommeneded I dont wear them unless I Hill bomb, but even when I hill bomb I have a Full Head Helmet, face plate and all (kinda like a Motorcycle Helmet)
Last edited by Kyle Gass at Mar 10, 2007,
^that board would be good for carving, not soo much bombing due to the length. When Looking at Longboards, you have to remember Stability and Speed of carving. The longer the Board, the more Stability you have and the less chances of getting speed wobbles, But you cant carve (turn) as fast. The shorter the board, the better you can carve, but the faster you go, the more chances of getting speed wobbles.
Quote by Kyle Gass
^that board would be good for carving, not soo much bombing due to the length. When Looking at Longboards, you have to remember Stability and Speed of carving. The longer the Board, the more Stability you have and the less chances of getting speed wobbles, But you cant carve (turn) as fast. The shorter the board, the better you can carve, but the faster you go, the more chances of getting speed wobbles.

ah alright. cheers for your advice.
I prefer my fretboard.

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
I live in florida, equalling there being zero hills of any height whatsoever.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Quote by Pleiadian
All right then
I don't get to do it much (Israel sucks, not many hills in my area), but we have this holiday here called Yom Kippur where there are no cars/buses, so I bomb every possible hill in the vicinity of my home.

I have to say that was incredibly funny.
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Thats always looked fun..I tried going down a really steep hill on my skateboard..and got speed wobbles like no other..haha..it was fun 'til I hit the ground..I would post my skateboard but i dont really think any of the longboarders would care to see it...
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

Does no one else get why it's funny?

Good god...

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

I've bombed the hill outside my house on my skateboard a couple of times, and it was fun, but scary as hell. About half way down, I started getting wobbles, and couldn't do anything about them.
I'd imagine longboarding would be sweet.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes, i get it. he bombed all the hills near him, when there are none.

it's just not worth posting to say i get it.

though i realise i just did.

no that's not why it's funny

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Quote by chillininfl
I live in florida, equalling there being zero hills of any height whatsoever.

He speaks the truth.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
come on you guys, don't you see how funny it is?!?!?!?!

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

You mean cause there are bombings in Israel? Har-dee-har-har.
Anyway what I meant was that there aren't enough hills in my areas with no cars, so I take advantage of that holiday to "bomb" the good hills.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
You mean cause there are bombings in Israel? Har-dee-har-har.
Anyway what I meant was that there aren't enough hills in my areas with no cars, so I take advantage of that holiday to "bomb" the good hills.

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Bombing hills is so awesome. I can be having the absolute worst day of my life, and I go bomb this hill on my road and it just makes it all better.

I wish I had a longboard, it must be a lot of fun.