I am starting to rethink whether I want a metal guitar or not. I play a wide variety of music (classic rock, 50's rock, blues etc.) and I don't want to be limited. I was looking at the ESP KH-202. One of the reasons I wanted a metal guitar is for easier upper fret access and it will be lighter. Can you guys recommend a Les Paul double cut style guitar in the price range of $500 CDN. Please, no knock offs like Agile and such.
Be cool.
You could look into an SG-style guitar. I'm not quite sure how much a Gibson would be, but you could also look at the ESP Viper if you want, or even the Epiphone G-400 if you'd like. I personally love the SG style guitars. They're very light, and able to play many different styles. I use mine for everything. You may like a pickup change in it though. Either way, my suggestion would be to check out an SG.
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Quote by SGRocker407
You could look into an SG-style guitar. I'm not quite sure how much a Gibson would be, but you could also look at the ESP Viper if you want, or even the Epiphone G-400 if you'd like. I personally love the SG style guitars. They're very light, and able to play many different styles. I use mine for everything. You may like a pickup change in it though. Either way, my suggestion would be to check out an SG.

Alright, thanks. I forgot about the ESP viper. I don't think I'd go for the Epiphone, and Gibson is too much. Otherwise, I would definitely get an SG.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Alright, thanks. I forgot about the ESP viper. I don't think I'd go for the Epiphone, and Gibson is too much. Otherwise, I would definitely get an SG.

No problem man, we're here to help
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Quote by Arlabester
strats = best double cuts.

I said double cut Les Paul style, not double cut strat style. JC13, by styles do you mean music or what guitars I play? I'll answer both. I play classic rock, 50's rock, blues, some metal and a bit of alternative. I don't really play thrash metal or stuff like that. Right now, I use an Epiphone Les Paul 100.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I said double cut Les Paul style, not double cut strat style. JC13, by styles do you mean music or what guitars I play? I'll answer both. I play classic rock, 50's rock, blues, some metal and a bit of alternative. I don't really play thrash metal or stuff like that. Right now, I use an Epiphone Les Paul 100.

Try to find a used double cut Les Paul Faded or special with P-90s.
Quote by thedude051

You are aware that the KH-202 IS a strat-style, right?
epi G-400 for sure. if u need to upgrade the pickups. the viper SG is just a ripoff really...but i think its made of AGATHIS....TERRIBLE. its reaalllly light....feels like you could literally break it in half w/ jus ur two hands. feels cheap shall i say. but im super happy w/ my G-400. but new pickups are necessary if u want it to sound really professional
Dude... Could you not use that avatar? I'm asking you a favour, it's been my trademark for almost 3 years now.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
My Agile AD-2000 Les Paul Double Cut is a really nice knock off. I've always thought that anything other than a Gibson is a knock off.