Hi, does anyone of you know how big the voltagedrop is when you rectify 12V 2A with a rectifier with maxratings: 100v 2A ???

Thanks
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
That hard to anwser? C`mon!
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
it's actually impossible to answer unless you specify what kind of rectifier configuration.

Tube?
Half Wave?
Full Wave?
Full Wave Bridge?
Is it just some black box rectifier?

I could probably give you an answer if you specify what kind of rectifier.
Oh, ofcourse! Sorry, my bad :P

Full Wave (not "homemade" four diodes. a compact one)
You understand my bad English? :P
Thanks!
// Angus Young

+1
assuming you're using some kind of power transformer, that'll convert your wall voltage to 12 VAC, then a full wave bridge rectifier (4 diodes, 1 resistor + whatever other stuff like a filter and voltage regulator).

Anyway, you should get ~11.3V output from your average silicon diode configuration.
Ok... thanks. But is the voltagedrop always around 0.7volts thru all diodes or is there any diffrens from diode to diode, does the size of the diode change anything? Im gonna stabilize the voltage to 6.3V to run the heaters...
// Angus Young

+1
the voltage drop will be approximately 0.7 volts for the entire system.
Silicon diodes have pretty much the same voltage drop (~0.7-0.8 volts).
Ok... Thanks!
// Angus Young

+1