How often should i change strings?
I play bout 2 hours a day

thnx
Member 1 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club
hmm... i play about an hour a day and i'll change mine every month or maybe 2.... if one string snaps though, i'll change them all.... i don't do it very often, it doesn't seem like a big difference to me although some people change them almost weekly.....
I change every 3 months or so.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
Every 5 months... After they the strings get to hard to bend. If you wipe them every time after your done playing, they last longer.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Whenever they start to sound flat, dull, or look like they've been dragged through Rosie O'Donnell's dirty, lesbian vagina.

Changing them just because it's been a month since you put them on is retarded.
I only change them when one snaps.. but thats because bass strings are damn expensive.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Turdz0rz
Whenever they start to sound flat, dull, or look like they've been dragged through Rosie O'Donnell's dirty, lesbian vagina.

Changing them just because it's been a month since you put them on is retarded.

bases loaded 2 out annddd.....here's the attempt to be funny and....swing and a miss strike one
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Generally, i wouldn't follow a time limit, when the strings start to feel a bit slack and look dirty change them. If a string goes it can be a good idea to change them all though, so there's not a huge difference in the strength and life span of the strings
When you mostly play slide like i do, the strings last FOREVER. Ive had the same set on one of my strats for about 3 or 4 months and they still look pristine.
depends what they sound like, when they start to sound flat, change them, different strings last longer. also depends how often you use different tunings
i change tunings frequenty..so does that shorten the lifespan?
Member 1 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club
Quote by bluewilliams
When you mostly play slide like i do, the strings last FOREVER. Ive had the same set on one of my strats for about 3 or 4 months and they still look pristine.

probably cos your fingers dont touch the strings much (sto i know)
i usually change the strings on my main guitar whenever i do work on the guitar, which is about every 2 or 3 months.
Every month really, although I don't because i can't really afford it

My friend is really proud because he has had the same strings on for a year and theyve never gone out of tune because he has a locking system. He shouldnt be, his strings sound craptacular.