Okay, I've been trying to research this crap for hours, but just recently it came to me that I don't think I know exactly what I'm looking for! So I'll just put this really simple and straightforward, and hope that someone can help me with it, and hope that I don't get chewed out because it's possibly explained elsewhere. Okay, here it goes:
I've just finished compiling my very first album. Problem is, it's all covers! Or, at least, I think it is. It's entirely composed of Mario and Zelda songs; I arranged them and recorded them myself, but alas, I didn't write them. What kind of permissions would I have to obtain (if any) in order to be able to sell this album legally and not get into major trouble with copyright holders and stuff? I've been fretting about this for days, but I'm frightened to death by the thought of releasing this the wrong, very illegal, way! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side-note: One of the tracks is like a cover of a cover. It's basically a cover of the NESkimos' version of Ninja Gaiden 2. Who would I have to credit or gain permission from in this particular case?
You must ask Nintendo if they agree to give you the rights to sell the album, as the original composing copyrights aren't yours. But first check if the copyrights did already expired.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Quote by StratoWizard
You must ask Nintendo if they agree to give you the rights to sell the album, as the original composing copyrights aren't yours. But first check if the copyrights did already expired.

Alright, is there, like, some sort of specific website that'll tell me what all copyrights are and when they expire or whatever? Or will I somehow have to hunt them all down individually?
Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but I'm really new to this kind of thing.