And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
i had to play bass for the first song and the nut on my guitar was loose
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
It took me 2 songs to realise my bass wasnt plugged in, damn that was embarrassing. (atleast I didnt have any solos)
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
important thing is: dont give a **** what anyone thinks of you, or what you do. just think that it takes a lot of guts to do it, and a lot of the people in the audience wouldnt be able to.
My first gig was pretty badass. We were last and the band before us introduced as "the band you've all been waiting for" and for some reason that made everyone go nuts and run up to the front of the stage and mosh and shit. It was cool people were stage diving in a tiny ass like 100 person capacity theatre. There were also like 150 people outside trying to get in but capacity was full. I couldn't have asked for a better 1st show.
i was pretty nervous for my first gig. but when i got up on stage and started to get into the music, my nerves went away. all i have to say, have as much fun as you possibly can because it will be over in a short amount of time (or it will seem that way) and you will wish you could do it again. good luck =)
Member 3 of Geddy Lee Fan Club. PM timmEH or RIC4003 to join

Member of Bass militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Cliff Burton is my idol. R.I.P

MegaBassPlayer's band of the week: Bound For Glory
my first real gutiar gig was with the school jazz band
maybe i just dont get nervous, but i wasnt nervous
i had confidence, and i played a pretty awesome solo
i got a lot of compliments
good luck
and just have confidence
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
my band had a show at this local bar. We go on and everything is going well, and all of a sudden, my A string snaps, so i have to fake the rest of the set (which was only like 2 more songs so it wasnt too bad) playing the E string like a bass, cause i couldnt play any more power chords. i was so pissed and embarrassed that i was about to smash my guitar. But yeah, the best advice i can give, have a good time with it bro, if you mess up dont have a fit or let it bug you, just keep on goin like it never happened. And also if you have more than one guitar, bring more than one so you dont have the same problem i did, and extra strings too those are good. You know what? extra everything. Batteries, cables, strings, guitars, etc. It never hurts to be prepared for those kinda things. Well, anyway, good luck bro, have fun with it, and keep on rockin'.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
My first one was at school. You'd think people have never seen anyone play guitar before - people came running up to me afterwards saying "Wow, you're amazing!", even though all I was playing was 'Merry Xmas Everybody' by Slade. I wouldn't exactly call it the greatest use of the guitar...

But good luck, you'll enjoy it once your up there, so just have as much fun as posible.
i just had mine last night haha. it was a battle of the bands and the sound people didnt mic my amp right so i was way quieter then the rest of the band so in the middle of the song i had to go turn it up. we ended up coming fourth. the bands that beat us were the persons band who organized it (go figure), a solo acoustic act, and this terrible asian rapper. dont be nervous either once you start playing you just forget about it.
you're gigs in a couple of hours and you're here on ug? go practice damn it
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

my first one was in front of 600+ people.. and it was pretty much flawless. I was absolutely stunned.
hug your local pug dealer!
Fake the whole thing,

when solos come up, pretend you and your other guitarists are playing each others guitars, reach over and pretend to do some tapping on his and him the same to you. then stop playing at all. People will think youre amazing for playing a guitar without even touching it
Quote by Slash 602
And I'm nervous as hell. Tell stories about your first gigs.

my first time i was nervous, we played another brick in the wall part 2 by Floyd.

we were good, but my solo was HORRID

seriously, SERIOUSLY bad, was I tone deaf ? cuz it sounded good at the time, but on video man... did i stink that one up

but regardless, the audience applauded/cheered

so whatever you do man, as long as you dont whip your **** out, they'l still give you kudos for goin up there anyway

just take it easy, stretch, warm up, remember, THIS IS FUN! by the time you're done you're going to wish you couldve stayed on stage longer trust me

good luck man!
Quote by Oreos_own_all
you're gigs in a couple of hours and you're here on ug? go practice damn it

im playing a gig right now and typing with the other hand... big deal
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
My first show ever we opened for two really awsome cover bands.One was an Iron Maiden cover band Called Two Minutes To Maiden and the other was and Ozzy/Sabbath cover band called Dear Diary.It was cool because it was a huge show and being my first it was quite amasing playing in front of so many people.I don't see as many people at my shows now with my current band but whatever.I love being on stage.

Act like you own it and start believing you deserve to be up there man.Have fun.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Fake the whole thing,

when solos come up, pretend you and your other guitarists are playing each others guitars, reach over and pretend to do some tapping on his and him the same to you. then stop playing at all. People will think youre amazing for playing a guitar without even touching it

+1 MILLY VANILLY
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up