1) I want to add a bit of boost and overdrive to my jazz solos, so if anyone could recommend a preferably cheap pedal for such an effect, that would be great.
2) My dad and I are watching some concert on tv... anyone know why the drummer is behind a plexi glass sheild?

thanks in advance
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
I think a BOSS Blues Driver BD-2 or a Super Overdrive SD-1 will be good... Go try 'em out.
strat player forever.
as far as the pedal goes, i'd go with a boss OD-1...i'm not sure how much they are, and btw, the OD-1 is what i use with my jazz/funk band
I used to know a guy who played drums so hard that his cymbols would crack and pieces of sticks and cymbols would fly everywhere, maybe thats why?
Maybe so the guitar, bass and vocal mics don't get overwhelmed by the drums?
Quote by Danno13
Maybe so the guitar, bass and vocal mics don't get overwhelmed by the drums?

Thats it, it makes the drums quieter, they used to play them in my old church that way.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
I know when recording, that the plastic shield helps dull the bright attack of the snare and such. I guess the same thing would apply for live shows...
For a boost, maybe look into an EQ? It can boost volume, and sharpen your tone.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Maxon OD-9's or OD-808's are pretty good price and are absolutely awesome-sounding. The sound you get for the price is astounding.

My drummer has one of those plexi-glass shields at his church where we practice and it is supposed to fix the acoustics of the drums and help separate the other members of the band so they can hear themselves better. Thats what he says anyway, his church bought it, not him.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM