So its time to discuss dreams, what we are and where we are from.

Okay their is a famous ongoing debate that is simply called the dream argument. The main theorie behind the argument is this, When you dream in your sleep what if what your "dream" is really your actual life your seeing, and your sleeping body outside of your "dream" is the actual dream, the life that you think you are living and controling is a dream.

In the east this type of argument is know as "Zhuangzi dreamed he was a butterfly" introduced by Zhuangzi It relates that one night Zhuangzi dreamed that he was a carefree butterfly flying happily. After he woke up, he wondered how he could determine whether he was Zhuangzi who had just finished dreaming he was a butterfly, or a butterfly who had just started dreaming he was Zhuangzi.

This was a metaphor for what he refered to as a "great dream."

He who dreams of drinking wine may weep when morning comes; he who dreams of weeping may in the morning go off to hunt. While he is dreaming he does not know it is a dream, and in his dream he may even try to interpret a dream. Only after he wakes does he know it was a dream. And someday there will be a great awakening when we know that this is all a great dream. Yet the stupid believe they are awake, busily and brightly assuming they understand things, calling this man ruler, that one herdsman ‑ how dense! Confucius and you are both dreaming! And when I say you are dreaming, I am dreaming, too. Words like these will be labeled the Supreme Swindle. Yet, after ten thousand generations, a great sage may appear who will know their meaning, and it will still be as though he appeared with astonishing speed.

So with that said (and if you didnt already know) taught , what do you make of this theory? What do you beleive is right and what do you believe is Real ?

Discuss Please.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
W
T
F
??

that's deep, however, true, now, my turn, what color is a mirror, where do they get the seeds for seedless grapes, will kieth richards ever die, when will biggie smalls ever stop releasing records
you know ive thought about this a lot. I came up with the conclusion that when we dream. thats just a dream. Actually i have another theory on that but that should go under a different thread. The reason i think that they are just dreams is that they arent usually connected. Often, if you dream about yourself you can have a dream about you being really old one night and the next you could have a dream about being two. and every dream has different themes and whatnot. i cant really think of a good way to explain this right now.
people believe what is put infront of them. it is real physical evidence but there is lots of room for arguement. i think there is more than just a physical reality.
actually i have thought of this...i agree with ate it up and ibc sublime

where do u get the seeds for seedless grapes???
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
wake up mutha****a, you're only dreaming that you're on the ug forums, wake up and go on the ug forums and start a thread on this...

joking, but seriously, that's made me ponder a lot
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

When you sleep your body creates a really strong hallugenic.

That why you dream, its like tripping on drugs, you hallucinate.

So its your imagination - its not real.

I SUPPOSE anything is possible on this subject but **** it, the was i see it is dreams are imagination - this is real life and not a 'dream'. Thats where my friend common sense comes into play
Quote by NOtrab
actually i have thought of this...i agree with ate it up and ibc sublime

where do u get the seeds for seedless grapes???

If you go to a grocery store today to buy grapes, there is a good chance that the only type of grape you can buy is seedless. Nearly all grapevines in production today produce seedless grapes.
It turns out that most fruits today do not come from seeds. They come from cuttings instead. This is true of grapes, blueberries, apples, cherries, etc. (pretty much all fruits except citrus, although scientists are working on that, too). A piece of a vine or branch is cut off, dipped in rooting hormone and then placed in moist dirt so that roots and leaves form. Because they come from cuttings, new grapevines are essentially clones of the vine they were cut from.

Seedless grapes actually do contain seeds at some point. But a genetic error prevents the seeds from forming hard outer coats like normal seeds do.

(Im not really that smart, i just googled it )
I have thought about this a LOT. And there really is no way to know. I've also thought about this fact: What if the life we're in now, isn't our only life? What if we are, in fact, living multiple lives? We can only remember what's happened in the life we're in right now, but when we wake up tommorrow, we could be Bob Johnson, who (in that life) is the president. It's a little "out there" but nonetheless, something to think about.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Quote by y2james2007 :p
When you sleep your body creates a really strong hallugenic.

That why you dream, its like tripping on drugs, you hallucinate.

So its your imagination - its not real.

I SUPPOSE anything is possible on this subject but **** it, the was i see it is dreams are imagination - this is real life and not a 'dream'. Thats where my friend common sense comes into play

Perhaps you are right. But perhaps their is more to this world than logic and common sense, possibly something supernatural, my thread is to make the pit mongerers think not to start a debate my friend. I like your post by the way well thought out. Probably took you several minutes to make that one
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
^Actually i took up most of the time finding out how to spell hallugenic.

And yeah your right, Ive learned purely just by looking at this planet and looking at the stars that anyting is a possibility and anything can happen. Impossible is nothing.
Quote by sp0ckr0cks
W
T
F
??

that's deep, however, true, now, my turn, what color is a mirror, where do they get the seeds for seedless grapes, will kieth richards ever die, when will biggie smalls ever stop releasing records

Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
I've blocked that out of my mind, it only ruined me damn it...
Alright well...I've always thought that this present life we've created in our mind. I mainly arrived to this idea because of my lack of belief in higher beings and gods. I think we're all in our own way a god, and a master of our own destiny. It just seems that if you deeply desire something, you will have it eventually. But there's nothing to back that up, except that reality isn't very real or solid since under all matter there is space, and matter is so small and insignificant that it'd very difficult to undestand how and why we are this way.
^I'm not really bothered by the subject, I love life anyway and different ways of looking at it doesnt change what it really is or ever was.

obey_yourmaster: I love your font colour it reminds me of The Undertaker
Does it matter?
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
Quote by y2james2007 :p
^I'm not really bothered by the subject, I love life anyway

Nah I'm not either really. I love the theory itself, it's just a difficult one to grasp and to explain fully and it's even more difficult to find the truth in it and accept it.
Quote by sp0ckr0cks
what color is a mirror

Quote by Everything.com
So if you put a piece of white paper and a mirror next to each other on a table, they certainly won't look the same. The piece of paper will bounce electromagnetic radiation back in a scattered, haphazard fashion, one that our brain perceives as white. The mirror will bounce the exact same range of electromagnetic radiation back off its surface, but will do so in an organized fashion that produces a reflection of the light source, rather than white light. But the simple fact is that neither the mirror nor the paper is absorbing anything along the visible spectrum of electromagnetic radiation. So in terms of how we normally define color, they're both "white."

Mirrors are white.
Quote by sp0ckr0cks
will kieth richards ever die

I think he's been dead for ages, people just can't really tell the difference
Each night you dream something different. If each night I had a different dream as life as a butterfly, then I might be suspicious. Each dream is an independent event, while what we consider real is consistent.

The only dream theory that I've actually considered possible is the idea that your entire life so far is a dream and at any moment you will wake up and be somebody else and think nothing of it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
No more Matrix movies for you, threadstarter.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I would seriously become a hooker just to own one of these.

Quote by rockonth
Jackiphone jack paul
Quote by E Daws
Each night you dream something different. If each night I had a different dream as life as a butterfly, then I might be suspicious. Each dream is an independent event, while what we consider real is consistent.

The only dream theory that I've actually considered possible is the idea that your entire life so far is a dream and at any moment you will wake up and be somebody else and think nothing of it.

Or maybe you are seeing the reincarnated form of another life because of the ending of the life you saw the last time your slept, and possibly time moves much faster in the other side of your mind or as many call it your "dream". Please continue your post's.
Quote by Metal claw

Quote by CyAC
No more Matrix movies for you, threadstarter.

sorry never watched them
Quote by Metal claw

Quote by obey_yourmaster
I have thought about this a LOT. And there really is no way to know. I've also thought about this fact: What if the life we're in now, isn't our only life? What if we are, in fact, living multiple lives? We can only remember what's happened in the life we're in right now, but when we wake up tommorrow, we could be Bob Johnson, who (in that life) is the president. It's a little "out there" but nonetheless, something to think about.

Now THAT's interesting sh*t...

and ofcourse it could be why (supposedly) if you die in a dream you die in "real life"...

IMO this is a much more feasible idea than that of the threadstarter's.
Everyone dreams, and usually everyone has multiple dreams every night, its just many people dont have very good dream recall.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
But what about recurring dreams? Would you be doing the exact thing twice in your "life" only to realize later in your "dreams"? Or what would lucid dreams mean for that matter? I personally don't think it works like that. Just doesn't seem like it would work like that.