hey guys.... i just registered the site, i really dig its forums...
btw
my name is dor, and been playing for about 5 years now...

i have a little question for you...

im now changing my gear and stuff, and im about to buy the tonebone hot british, and as for other effects, im thinking of buying a multi effect, and my question is, can i combine a multi effect with a distortion pedal? how will it sound? won't it destroy the sound of the pedal?
and are there sertin multi effects that are working good with other pedals? (not talking about FX loops)

thanx for everyone who will respond... have a nice day!
Last edited by dor_ben at Mar 10, 2007,
Hey dor! Welcome to the forums .

But first, what amp do you have? That'll make all of the difference. Also, a lot of people here aren't fans of multi-effects pedals and they do have good reason to back it up.

I suggest looking into single effects.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah i know that, im not abig fan too, but im a little short of budget and a multi is much more affordable and easier to use (unless your a tap dancer)...
and i have a Fender FM 65R and a Fender stratocaster (with something called humbucker modeler)
it works fine, i use a Ds-1 with my multi-effect pedal for the distortion, my multi has crappy disto, i lower the gain on the multi and boost it with the Ds-1.. sounds excellent..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Where are you from in Israel? :P
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Last edited by Pleiadian at Mar 10, 2007,
welcome to the forums!

I think a lot of people will say that that's an expensive pedal to run through that amp- probably a better idea to buy an amp more aimed at the tones you want from the start.

What type of tones are you after? and what's your budget? also, unless you use fx a lot, there's a good chance you don't need as many fx as you think, at least if you have a good amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, im from israel....
im looking for a sound with balls, something like GNR or metallica you know?
and about the amp, it aint that bad, i actually like it and i dont have the money to replace it...
my budget aint that big either, i have about 200 bucks, not too much...
you can get the tonebone hot british for 200 bucks?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?