i got some ghs Zakk Wylde lows, 11 gauge, and the top string wont fit through the tuning key. wat can i do?
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
get a different gauge of strings...
does your guitar have locking tuners?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i dont want to get a different gauge, dont you think i would have thought of that. and no i dont have a locking tuner
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
i dont want to get a different gauge, dont you think i would have thought of that. and no i dont have a locking tuner

Look pal, if the strings don't fit through the hole in the tuners, you can either get a smaller gauge, or stop playing that guitar altogether. Those are about your only two options, apart from performing some sort of half-assed surgery on the tuning machines to ream the holes bigger.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
maybe replace your tuning heads? that's about all you can do unless you want to change the gauge - take it from me, huge strings aren't all they're cracked up to be

well theres pretty much nothing you can do except get a different gauge of strings

maybe contact ibanez about it

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Top string being the high E or the low E?

If it's the low E, you can unwrap the winding of the string. Don't go any farther than the tuning post, and use at least two or three, maybe four, wraps around the post.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
^^^that's what i do.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
You actually got strings TOO BIG for your tuning pegs? Thats ****ing nuts. Guess your quite "MeTaLz"
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
ok i got my strings to fit, but now i got a new problem, the dude at the shop told me not to tune the strings to standard tuning because it could mess up my neck, i didnt mind that cause im always tuned to CGCFAD anyway, but now when i tune to C its really tense and i feel like thats messing with my neck, but if i go lower to C again because i can tune to a high or low C the low one is way too floppy and doesnt sound right. i tuned like this with my 9 gauge string and didnt have a problem, anyone know wats up?
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW