what is the relationship between the 3-way switch, 3 knobs and the 4 pick-ups???
yes i am very much a newbie to this site and to playing guitar.
um four pups? ill assume its two humbuckers, which is just 2 single coils wired together. the 3 way switch changes which pickup is selected, brideg, neck, or both, and the 3 knobs is generally settings for volume, tone and another tone.
...4 pickups?
i am unsure if i know what you mean. if you are talking about an actual 4 pick up guitar, i don no what to say.
Quote by welderkayne
what is the relationship between the 3-way switch, 3 knobs and the 4 pick-ups???
yes i am very much a newbie to this site and to playing guitar.

4 pickups?

its more likelty your guitar has two humbuckers, which look like two single coils stuck together

in that case, one awitch position is using one pickup, the middle uses both, the other uses the other pickup

if you get what i mean :?
toddpen8771 is right
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
That guitar has two humbucking pickups. With the switch, the top position means the guitar is using the pickup closer to the neck, the middle position is using a blend of both pickups, and the last position is using the bridge pickup. Your three knobs are two volume knobs, one for each pickup, and a tone knob, which shapes the sound a bit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.