Worse sound quality, cant adjust each individual parameter of each effect, sometimes harder to use just the effects you want sometimes, Some specific pedals have a specific sound within the realm of the given effect, you can use as many or as few stompboxes as you want, whereas you must carry around the entire processor, the list goes on...
Multi-fx pedals enable use of the search button.

But really, most multi-fx pedals have lower quality effects, unless you go really high-end. Plus with individual pedals, you can upgrade individual fx.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Much better sound. Also if one breaks you can remove it from the chain for a new one, unlike Multi. Just imo WAY better sound.
not really, however, you don't what to run a hot pedal into a hot amp, bad things happen, and, i do see one advantage to single effects, more power over the specifics of your tone. and you can better keep your hiss down.
better tone, 'nuff said.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by JC13
Single effect pedals concentrate on that one effect, whereas multi pedals have to work on tonnes, so there isn't that care and special tone you get with the single pedal.

What he said.
Please learn to use the search button. I have posted countless replies to threads just like this one...seems a new one comes up at least once a day. If you really want to get some insight instead of "they suck" or "get one", then look up fatgreymatt or my posts on the subject.
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
Worse sound quality, cant adjust each individual parameter of each effect, sometimes harder to use just the effects you want sometimes, Some specific pedals have a specific sound within the realm of the given effect, you can use as many or as few stompboxes as you want, whereas you must carry around the entire processor, the list goes on...

Actually... no. With a PODxtLive or GT-8 there are tons of adjustable parameters for each effect. The effects on the XTL, for instance, are modeled on actual pedals and in every case they have all the (virtual) knobs of the originals, sometimes they even add extra controls.

As far as the inferior sound quality compared to individual pedals, that used to be true but is, IMO, just a popular thing to say, a myth. With units like the XTL, GT-8, GNX3K, the sound quality is just fine if you spend the time learning to program them.

My suggestion would be to buy one at a GC or Sam Ash so you have up to a month to try it out and home. If you don't think it's worth the money return it for a refund. All I can tell you is my XTL gives me a hell of alot of bang for the $300 I spent on it.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.