i have the ibanez gsr190 that i got w/ the starter kit.. its a great bass.. its also my first.. ive had it for a little over 6 months now.. it plays fine. but i was wondering if i should get another (better) bass or if i should just stick w/ this one... i was thinking of getting an ibanez sr400.. what is the difference between these and is it really worth getting another bass?
thx
Do you feel like you really need/want a new bass? That's the only way to really tell. No one can tell you when you're ready to upgrade. the SR400 kicks ass though...
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
yea but i also dont want to spend money on something i dont need...

thats why im trying to find out what the differences are between the sr400 and gsr190.. im sure there are major differences but is it worth it

*btw im going to be playing hardcore punk sounding stuff.. so would the sr400 even be a good choice.. ive been reading reviews for like an hour.. it seems like it would work, but i just want to make sure*
Last edited by xThe Shadow at Mar 10, 2007,
I had a look at the two of them, and the SR seems real nice. The real question is if you feel as if you've outgrown your old bass. Is it well suited to the techniques you want to play? If you really want to improve, and feel as though you can't do it on the GSR, get a new bass. However, it's not essential. Though with it being a starter pack you'll want to get a new bass sometime in the (relatively) near future.
And Ibanez are wonderful instruments
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
From what I've played, the sr400 is a pretty nice bass...but I'd suggest going to Guitar Center and trying it out (or some other basses you come across). Also, do you play in a band or anything, or just hobbyism?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
From what I've played, the sr400 is a pretty nice bass...but I'd suggest going to Guitar Center and trying it out (or some other basses you come across). Also, do you play in a band or anything, or just hobbyism?

alright.. and at the moment im not in a band.. but me and some friends are trying to get band together
This is scary, I'm in the exact same position .. same bass, same length of time I've had it, and almost the same new bass I was looking at getting. It's just been a hobby since September when I got it, but now I feel I'm improving greatly and I may want to do more with it in the near future.
Quote by Kekumba
This is scary, I'm in the exact same position .. same bass, same length of time I've had it, and almost the same new bass I was looking at getting. It's just been a hobby since September when I got it, but now I feel I'm improving greatly and I may want to do more with it in the near future.

lol *plays twilight zone music*