" At 7.30pm on 31 March 2007, we are inviting Sydneysiders - businesses and individuals - to turn off their lights for just one hour, Earth Hour, as a sign of their commitment to reduce global warming.

Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007. The event will demonstrate how simple actions can make the world of difference if everyone takes part. And it sends a powerful message that we care about the future of the planet.

This year's Earth Hour will happen in Sydney, but we hope that Earth Hour can grow into a global campaign. If you live outside of Sydney, you can show your support by joining us and turning off your lights at 7.30pm local time. "

To find out more. Click Here

Get involved .
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
How does turning off my lights prove anything?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by JewMasatFlex
how will turning off lights help...?

lights off = less electricity used = less emissions from the power plant
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Yeah I'm all for saving the environment, but turning off the lights in this house is insane. So no.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Yeha for an hour!? That wont do much.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Yeha for an hour!? That wont do much.

don't knock it man, it's better than nothing

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
i really fail to see how one city turning lights off for an hour will do anything significant.... its right in concept, but i don't think doing that will make our planet stay around for many more years just b/c the lights were out in sydney for an hour

how about we tell al gore to turn his electricity at his tenessee mansion off for an hour?
To answer those questions, lights run on electricity.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
NO, no it wont. It wont. 5% of emmisssions? in one day. You guys cause 5% of the yearly greenhouse emmisions in and hour?
Quote by MedicreDemon
NO, no it wont. It wont. 5% of emmisssions? in one day. You guys cause 5% of the yearly greenhouse emmisions in and hour?

"Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007."

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
" At 7.30pm on 31 March 2007, we are inviting Sydneysiders - businesses and individuals - to turn off their lights for just one hour, Earth Hour, as a sign of their commitment TO STOP MAN BEAR PIG!!!

Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007. The event will demonstrate how simple actions can make the world of difference if everyone takes part. And it sends a powerful message that we care about the future of the planet.

This year's Earth Hour will happen in Sydney, but we hope that Earth Hour can grow into a global campaign. If you live outside of Sydney, you can show your support by joining us and turning off your lights at 7.30pm local time. "

To find out more. Click Here

Get involved .

Fixed.
Some Guy?
Quote by alexi_laiho
"Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007."

Oh, lol.........woops. Still anybody outside of sydney doing it? It won't really matter.
Quote by MedicreDemon

They're not saying that shutting the lights off for an hour will lower emissions by 5%. Of course it won't, and if you read the text it says clearly that it isn't what they're going to do.

"turn off their lights for just one hour, Earth Hour, as a sign of their commitment to reduce global warming"

"Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007. "
..uh..I turn lights off when I leave rooms...does that count?

Also I know people that couldn't deal with this because they can't pee in the dark, I laugh at them but apparently people like that exist?

OK
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by Rambo-Conny
They're not saying that shutting the lights off for an hour will lower emissions by 5%. Of course it won't, and if you read the text it says clearly that it isn't what they're going to do.

"turn off their lights for just one hour, Earth Hour, as a sign of their commitment to reduce global warming"

"Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007. "

Read the whole thread before you post. I know already. I read it wrong.
Quote by americnidiot
^x2 ....wtf is man bear pig, or did i miss something?

manbearpig is half man, half bear, and half pig. He is the single biggest threat to our very existence, and the archnemesis of Al Gore, who will stop at nothing to defeat him. He's super serial
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Al_gore#Manbearpig
Last edited by clint160 at Mar 10, 2007,
Over here in England we're supposed to be switching to more energy efficient light bulbs that produce as much light as head rather than like: 90% heat and 10% light (I dont know exact figures lol. But thats supposed to be what we're doing, don'r know whats going down but aparently its gonna be as good as getting rid of 70% of cars (England)
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6
"Earth Hour is just the start of a campaign that aims to reduce Sydney's greenhouse emissions by 5% in 2007. The event will demonstrate how simple actions can make the world of difference if everyone takes part. And it sends a powerful message that we care about the future of the planet."
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
It's coming up soon. lol.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████