Hey, I'm new here (been lurking for about 5 months)
I have a Squier CII Standard strat, and I got a question about GFS.
I Play: Skate-Punk (NOFX, Guttermouth, Ramones, etc.) Reggae and Ska/Punk (Sublime, Pepper, Op Ivy) And Alt/Rock (Nirvana, Weezer, RHCP)

I want a surf twang for the bridge, and a good ska/Frusciante neck sound
which GFS's would you recommend?

Thanks,

-Dave
Last edited by Nitro1320 at Mar 11, 2007,
Really? I never even considered "Texas" style pickups. (just figured they were more for SRV or country)
People may be able to help you out better in the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum or the Electric Guitar forum. And "Texas" pickups are usually just wound hotter than regular single coils. I think, personally, you should go with something more vintage, but I'm not a GFS pickup aficionado.
Hi, I'm Peter
What about the 'grey-bottom' 64 staggers?
They said they have a good surf sound, but what about ska?
I should mention, I have a Toronado GT HH (the one with the gnarly racing stripe)
So I use that for the humbucker required stuff
Why was this thread closed earlier?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by forsaknazrael
I'd stay away from staggered ones, unless you use a wound G.
A pickup with flat pole pieces will yield a more even output response from all your strings.

I'd say it depends much more on the fretboard radius: if you have a flatter radius, you'll obviously not want staggered polepieces.
Can't go wrong from that site. Fast shipping, and the cheapest pickups sound awesome.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.