I just installed some new SD humbuckers in my washburn and i was adjusting the pickup height when i noticed that there is a huge difference in height from the front of the bridge pup to the rear of it. It slants downward heavily. How can I make it a little more even? It's around 1/16" at the rear, but it's nearly 3/16" at the front. They're open coils, but the cover around it is also heavily slanted by design. Thanks for the help, I'm a little more used to acoustics and messing with the pickups is something I havent' had a ton of experience with
So the moutning rings are angled? You could buy some non-angled ones if it'd bothering you that much.

But this is a common, intentional thing. Nothing to worry about.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Moonglow
I just installed some new SD humbuckers in my washburn and i was adjusting the pickup height when i noticed that there is a huge difference in height from the front of the bridge pup to the rear of it. It slants downward heavily. How can I make it a little more even? It's around 1/16" at the rear, but it's nearly 3/16" at the front. They're open coils, but the cover around it is also heavily slanted by design. Thanks for the help, I'm a little more used to acoustics and messing with the pickups is something I havent' had a ton of experience with

Do you mean the pickup rings? The frame that holds the pickup? Because if THAT's slanted, I'd say it's on the wrong way 'round.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Do you mean the pickup rings? The frame that holds the pickup? Because if THAT's slanted, I'd say it's on the wrong way 'round.

Yeah, the frames are both slanted slightly, came like that from the factory. The neck one is very slightly slanted, the bridge one is much fatter on one side though. I mounted them fat side down, based on what i've seen from other washburns.
Oh I assume they're supposed to be slanted, but the bridge humbucker inside of it is so slanted I'm wondering if it's supposed to be that way, and it the tone will be compromised because of it. I already adjusted the height on the treble side slightly higher than the bass, but the front of the pickup is so much farther away from the strings I'm wondering if it's too far away to produce much sound at all