Hey everyone I want to know of a really good Ballad that me and a couple friends can play in front of our school. It has to have a real good sounding rythm and a really breathtaking solo, but we dont want a song thats really really hard and will take too long to master, but its ok if its challenging. So if any of you know a song, please post it here.
Dragonforce-trail of broken hearts

I think this might be considered a ballad

JACKSON

AND YNGWIE UNLEASHES THE FOCKING FURY ON YOU FOR SPELLING HIS NAME WRONG!!!!!!
ok so what kinda of music do you girls like?

your little icon thing is ozzy so why not try "mama im coming home"
Stairway to heaven
Achilles last stand - Zeppelin
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
yea i really doubt theyll play achilles last stand...
great song but its kinda long and theres alot of shit goin on in that song.
try Sweet Child O Mine, November Rain, or Knockin On Heavens Door....I would personally pick Knockin on Heavens Door
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Here are some my fav rock ballads with amazing solos that aren't hard to play

Metallica:

1)Nothing Else Matters
2)Fade to Black
3)The Unforgiven

Ozzy Osbourne:

1)Mama I'm Coming Home
2)Tonight
3)Goodbye to Romance
OHHH Speaking of GnR you should play "Dont cry" that is a kick ass song its not too easy and not to hard and its not really really long
I was going to say Don't cry. Don't play anything by poison or other glam metal bands... You don't want your audience to smell like cheese after the show.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Any ballad by Guns N' Roses; sweet child o' mine, november rain, knock'n on heaven's door, etc.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
under the bridge?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The Ballad - Testament

The most obvious choice ever.

Others:
Return to Serenity - Testament
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
A Tout Le Monde (not really a ballad though) - Megadeth
The Unforgiven I & II - Metallica
anything from the 80's...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Still Loving You - Scorpions

The best song from one of the best bands ever, and definetly an emotional, spine-shivering outro solo to the greatest ballad ever written.

If you haven't guessed, it is my favourite song.

At 3:30 mins it gets amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjZDmWEUzk&mode=related&search=

EDIT: I didn't realize it wasn't the whole song in the link. The 6 minute version off of the album has about a minute more of that outro solo.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Mar 10, 2007,
an electric rendition of I Could Have Lied by Red Hot Chili Peppers
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
dragonforce- trail of broken hearts
My Myspace
My Covers
PLEASE WATCH AND COMMMENT

My Gear

Schecter S1 Elite
Line 6 Sypder II 212
Dunlop DB-01 Dime Crybaby From Hell Wah
BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter
BOSS DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Dave_Mc
anything from the 80's...

/win.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
either the aformentioned "The ballad" by Testament, or the Testament song I'd choose over it.. "The Legacy" its got three solos, a great rythmn, great vocal part.. and its ****in' great.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
low light- Pearl Jam
or Betterman, black, gone and many more!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Paradise City? - If you could call that a ballad.

Also, maybe Don't Cry? Bloody amazing song!
Quote by Jinskee
/win.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Needled 24/7 by Children Of Bodom...

nothing says ballad more like screaming about being needled 24/7.

only kidding, how about you make up something yourself? it would definetely be more comfortable to play since it's your own stuff and you dont have to worry about mistakes that everyone will notice, if you make a mistake on your stuff, you can say it was intended or something, besides, it gives you a real sense of accomplishment when finished.
Mr Big - To Be With You

Just pick a Mr Big song. The solo in the one I mentioned is quite easy but the majority aren't. Gilbert pulls no punches.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
^ +1 on mr big. Just pick a random one of their songs. They're nearly all ballads anyway. Plus, they rule.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
iron maiden-rime of the ancient mariner
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now