Page 1 of 2
Ok, so, too many times i've found myself on the phone to a girl thinking "ohh god, i cant think of anything to talk about!". So, i figured that this must happen to everyone once in a while and so i decided to make this thread as a lifeline to everyone!

Everyone just post something good to talk about, or perhaps an observation of some kind, anything that will spark a good conversation so you won't be sitting there feeling like an idiot when nobody is saying anything.

ps. god i hope this thread doesnt die after like 7 posts like all my other threads do...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
i dont hardly ever talk on the phone. i talk to people in person, on aim, or through texting most of the time.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
this one girl i used to like would always say something about whenever theres an awkward silence a gay baby is born, that was interesting
Quote by instagata0
"ohh god, i cant think of anything to talk about!"
I'm like that all the time. I'm surprised I have what little friends I can get.
ahh this is why i text, waaaaay less awkward and you have plenty of time to think
Some Guy?
Quote by cool#9
thats why i can't talk on the phone

see, this guy knows what im talking about!
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I've never had one of those moments. Whenever there isn't anything to talk about, the conversation is over and I say goodbye?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Yeah, that has occured to me as well.
I just start a conversation about a new movie or something about the girls hobbies and habits and she starts yapping again and everybody is happy.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by some_guy
ahh this is why i text, waaaaay less awkward and you have plenty of time to think

exactly why texting is creating a much more anti social nation......and other means such as IM....not to say that i dont use them, but they take away the need for healthy conflict.
"I count the days to find, what was left behind. All of these names I clutch, will lead me to my home. Mothers and fathers start, to drown the living proof.....I cant remember these Lakes of Blood." - Cedric Bixler-Zavala
The telephone is for phone sex not communication.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
what you do is you tell a random story of something that happened to you recently. if you don't tell about yourself she won't tell about herself, and it'll be silent. i know it feels like she doesn't' care/wanna know about those things, but she's feeling the exact same way.
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
The telephone is for phone sex not communication.

Sigged and oh so true.
Get off my lawn.
It can't be any worse than awkward moments when you're actually talking to her in person, if its on the phone, you can just go "so anyways, I'll talk to you later" or w/e, its very easy to escape that kind of awkwardness.
If you have nothing to talk about on the phone with someone then you probably shouldnt be talking to them. Why not ask them if they have any friends that are less boring and who share your interests?
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by saves515
exactly why texting is creating a much more anti social nation......and other means such as IM....not to say that i dont use them, but they take away the need for healthy conflict.

oh, i dont mean i only text people and live in my little lair with a state of the art text machine

its just people normally text rather than call these days
Some Guy?
I know I get the same thing and then it feels like I will have a panic attack. I usually say "I am F**kin wrecked" a hundred or so times.

The same thing happens when instant messenging(sp?) I would be talking to a girl I like and I run out of things to say. Luckily I can always turn the conversation to Music here because all my friends like music.
I usually make fun of the girl in the awkward silence. They love it for some reason...
i find that asking "what are you thinking about" will generally kill a few mins as long as she doesnt say "nothing".

also, secrets are good. start to tell her something and then say "oh never mind" and then she'll take the bait and you can run with a fun game of 'i know something you dont know' for a while.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Yes, I hate that, but usually the girl I'm talking to starts singing random songs or making random noises so it's all good.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I like akward silences. Sometimes when I'm in a group where someone is talking a lot, I'll wait for them to leave or not pay attention for a second, and then I'll tell everyone not to say anything the next time the aforementioned person talks. It's quite interesting to watch someone say something and see it greeted with akward silence and stares.
I usually just ask how life is, or if anything's news. Or brag about my many amazing qualitites......

A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
I have had a few of those, what I usually do is tell them I had something to tell them but I forgot what it was, complain the entire time about you forgetting while in your head you think of something to talk about. Usually buys you like a minute of time.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by cool#9
thats why i can't talk on the phone

It's why I hate talking on the phone.
Yet people insist on calling me. Assholes.

On the subject of awkward silences, I just had about a 40 minute one.
I think me and my girl are going through some rough waters.
Spiral Out
it happens to me sometimes when i talk to my girlfriend.

then she gets mad when i have nothing to talk about.

its like, ffs, i see her like 5 times a week, and talk to her like 2 times a day on the phone, and yet she expects that im always going to have something to tell her or talk to her about.

i mean, we've been together like 1 year and 4 months, we've talked about pretty much everything.
Quote by HumanitysDeath
It's why I hate talking on the phone.
Yet people insist on calling me. Assholes.

On the subject of awkward silences, I just had about a 40 minute one.
I think me and my girl are going through some rough waters.

If you're comfortable enough to be quiet around each other it might be going quiet well.

or she could be cheating on you....
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
i just thought that random, funny stories would also be a useful idea. interesting things you've heard, and you can replace your friend with you.

for example, i just read this in another thread, and i think it would probably make a conversation of some kind:

'after asking "whats the grossest thing a friend has ever told you" and listened to her answer'
my friend told me that one time he stuck a mirror in th bottom of his toilet to see ho big his asshole got when he took a shit. i still dont know why he'd tell me that....
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

The only 'awkward' silence I had was the silence after she broke up with me...

The other silence was because we were bored and had nothing to do and she was grounded and we were literally on the phone all day for a week and really had nothing to talk about.
Quote by RPGoof
The only 'awkward' silence I had was the silence after she broke up with me...

The other silence was because we were bored and had nothing to do and she was grounded and we were literally on the phone all day for a week and really had nothing to talk about.

well how do you keep thinking of stuff to talk about?
what do you talk about?

please share...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

talk about something that they practicly live for ( music, enemys, bands, books ect.) theres plenty of things to talk about its just most of us clam up and our mind goes blank so it becomes even more wierd and more pressure rears its ugly head making it harder to talk about something, or just let them do the talking and occasionaly give them a yeah, cool, thats B ullshit, i know what your talkin bout, how are they doin? Ask some questions to get to them and when you know what they like talk about that (alot of girls like to talk about what they like) leaving the other person feeling like they have had a good conversation and they had someone listen to what there sayin for once with no interuptions or contridictions.

yeah i learned from a long trail of trial and error. Not a fun trail.
Quote by Metal claw
I only ever do it whenever I get a new toothbrush. I just stuck the old one up my ass then threw it away when I was done.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Whenever there is an awkward silence I just say "banana hammock" and when they say "what?" I say "what?"
Quote by Shib

The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
that happens to me all the time, i usualy just pick up my guitar and play some fast stuff then she says how good i am when im only tapping 3 notes. : ]
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
Quote by instagata0
well how do you keep thinking of stuff to talk about?
what do you talk about?

please share...

You don't =P
Tell her that you gotta go or something like that. I just like tell her that I'm bored and shes like "ARE U LYING ON UR BED AND BEING BORED LOLOLOL" If you get the joke... and that sorta thing. I really don't remeber, she broke up with me like two months ago
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Yes, I hate that, but usually the girl I'm talking to starts singing random songs or making random noises so it's all good.

my old girl friend did that but she cant sing...scary
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
Page 1 of 2