I have suddenly decided to do some customizing to my old guitar strat, Im thinking (depending on my budget) of replacing some of the electronics like the switch becuase it is failing bad, I also want to do some paint jobs on it and maybe even looking for some neat pickguard material.

I'm wondering about a few things though:
1) Are there any electronic tips/tricks I can do to inprove my sound, for instance:

"Some guitars lose high end when their volume control is turned down. One way to solve this problem is to solder a .001 mfd capacitor between the input and the output of the volume pot (the two tabs that AREN'T soldered to the pot's case). This trick, borrowed from old Telecaster wiring, actually makes the sound brighter when you turn down."

2) PAINT - what kinds should I look at and how should I go about it (sorry if this is already on a sticky thread and I missed it ) oh, and is there any kind of paint I can use on my pickgaurd that won't scratch (proboly not)

3) The whammy hole in the bridge is rung wide from an uneducated mistake (I use to leave the whammy just a few threads in cause i liked it higher for some reason) any solution for this rather then a new bridge?

4) Any other custonizing jobs I might like to do at a cheap cost would be worth mentioning

5) Not on the guitar but I was thinking of makeing a hardshell case as well for my V, anything wrong with trying this?

Thanks for your time
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Check out

Project Guitar Tutorials

and

ReRanch 101 - Finishing Basics

ReRanch has all the finishing supplies you'll need; or, if you prefer cheap/inexpensive and if you'll be using opaque instead of tranparent finish, you can try Krylon or Duplicolor.

You can get some decent, inexpensive electronics, bridges, and tuners from Guitar Fetish. I'm not sure if you can fix the whammy bar hole ... I suppose you could wrap a rubber band around the bar itself to make up for the space. *shrugs*

Good Luck!

^^Thanks!

One other thing with painting, the guitar is originally black and I won't it orange with a lil bit of the black showing, like splattering the orange on. Now should I use like a spounge and dab it on or is this process somehow achieved through the finishing area (don't know to much about finishing) and do I need to strip the paint off complettly or can I just paint over the original black?

sorry if this is already somewhere else, Im tired and don't feel like reading through abunch of stuff right now
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Last edited by T.J. at Mar 10, 2007,
Sponging might not provide a smooth finish, but then again, you could probably wetsand it after to make it smoother. I'm not sure, but it may work. Or you could mist the Orange using spraycan and by misting, you hold the can further away than normal, like 2 feet away. This way you'll have better control of the application, as in, you can build it up vs. getting it too thick.