It's happened to me a couple times on two different amps, I'll need to move it just a little but I'm too lazy to turn it off and then it sounds like something exploded. What is happening, and can this damage the amp?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I have no idea. But I do have a theory I strongly believe in. These amps have tubes, I guess if they were loosely put together, they might disconnect from one another, then the vacuum inside of the tube would make that noise. I dont even own one, so this could all be a pile of cra p your reading.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
It's got to do with the tubes OR there is spring reverb in the amp. My amp is a solid state, yet the spring reverb shakes in there, creating a scary noise.

Now, my drummer's called old Fender bassman tube amp thingy makes noise if you punch the top of it =P I don't think it has spring reverb and I think it's the tube.
if they had reverb on, it may have been the spring in it. i dont know if it hurts it, but i usually try to avoid doing it
No ideqa what it is or what it isn't, I've never noticed because I'd usually turn the power off before moving em.

If I were you I'd be very careful. Don't know whay I say that but it sounds like good advice
Yeah mine has spring reverb and it sounds like it has something to do with a spring so that makes sense.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by ericgentz
I have no idea. But I do have a theory I strongly believe in. These amps have tubes, I guess if they were loosely put together, they might disconnect from one another, then the vacuum inside of the tube would make that noise. I dont even own one, so this could all be a pile of cra p your reading.

ROFL!

anyway, what you're hearing is spring reverb.
Yeah, it's just the reverb crashing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com