Page 1 of 2
hey, whats a good, energetic song that we could open a show with and have everyone go nuts
ive seen a lot people play vertigo by u2 but i dont like the song very much
Slash
Support our troops
Something fast. I would to say it, but if your tyring to please people who dont like the good music, you could always play St. Jimmy by greenday, thats if you yourself can handle listening or more yet even playing the song without losing control of all bodly functions via cra pping, puking, and sneezing at the same time.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
opening up with in the flesh from pink floyd is good, that song is great

and i see u like guns n' roses, try nightrain or its so easy, so are pretty uptempo hard rockin songs
Quote by ericgentz
... you could always play St. Jimmy by greenday, thats if you yourself can handle listening or more yet even playing the song without losing control of all bodly functions via cra pping, puking, and sneezing at the same time.

please tell me your joking
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
Blitzrieg Bop by the Ramones is always a crowd-pleaser
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Welcome to the Jungle!!!!
i see u're a GNR fan =] i love GNR
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
aha we're a black metal band, so the only cover i can recomend is this one we did at some open mic night thing just for fun once. You drink, you drive, you spill by NOFX
it went great.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
alive-pearl jam
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Rise Against - Give it all,

Crazy energy in the song. It always gets me pumped, plus its really easy.
"I'd Tell You But..." - Anti-Flag
"Knife Blood Nightmare" - Aiden
"30/30-150" - Stone Sour
"You Could Be Mine" - Guns N Roses

Whichever is more your taste.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Quote by deadmansdiary
aha we're a black metal band, so the only cover i can recomend is this one we did at some open mic night thing just for fun once. You drink, you drive, you spill by NOFX
it went great.

Ah great song!

I'd say something fast, maybe a well known pop-punk/punk song?

OH Bad Habit Offspring

that would be kick ass!
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
eagles become vultures by converge
or ****ing superhero by zachary allen!!!!!!
I don't like as i lay dying
No Remorse by Metallica
Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n' Roses
Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
idk if you hate it but american idiot is a great opener, its energetic as hell, king for a day would be a fun one, blitzkrieg bop,
Cant Stop by the chili peppers would be a good one

I'd say any song that starts off slower and picks up in the middle.
run to the hills - iron maiden
pet semetary - ramones
enter sandman - metallica
paranoid - black sabbath
white wedding - billy idol
runnin down a dream - tom petty
cant get no satisfaction - rolling stones

thats my 2 cents

Jack my swag
Make your own song to start off with. They won't remember you if you start with a cover... I find sets don't flow as well if you start off with a cover because they'll be expecting similar songs. If you play things they haven't heard first they have no expectations other than what you're putting out.
Quote by Slangus246
hey, whats a good, energetic song that we could open a show with and have everyone go nuts

A lot of people open with the Black Crowes version of Hard to Handle. It's a massively popular song, difficult to screw up, and a great crowd pleaser.

Another good one that is also easy is Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
For some reason, "Shapes of Things" (the Jeff Beck version) is in my head as a possibly good show starter.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
lol....play the solo from "free bird", you know? the one that takes up half of the freaking 10 minute song lol
Last edited by terryn0 at Mar 17, 2007,
ok, its best to go with an ANTHEM, like blitzkrieg bop by the ramones or highway to hell by AC/DC, both EXCELLENT crowd pleasers, and everyone knows them
Quote by RNRSoldier
Blitzrieg Bop by the Ramones is always a crowd-pleaser

That popped into my head straight away. I love "Race For The Prize" by The Flaming Lips, but it may not suit.

Other suggestions

Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin - when that riff kicks in, it can blow people away IMO
Master Of Puppets - Metallica - great starting riff, make it as big as possible.
White Riot or London's Burning - The Clash - both quite easy, and full of energy.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Wildest dreams by Iron maiden. Not a great maiden song but a fluffy little opener number. I would have said Aces high but the singing in it sounds very hard to replicate.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Page 1 of 2