well this is my song
a big improvment from my first song 'carnifool' although i still like that song
i dont have a title or lyrics as of yet because the music means alot to me.

but anywho here it is...

crit 4 crit

hope you like it

EDIT: updated version below
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Last edited by sebastian_96 at Mar 12, 2007,
Wow. The intro owns my friend. I also liked you use of whatever effect you used for the echo effect.
There is a lot going on here but you made it work.
I feel the part where the bass was alone kind of lacked at first. the got awesome.
You have some awesome grooves and melodies. You should import it into Guitar pro and add some kickin drums.
The break was unexpected and kind of lacking again... You should have let some chords play or something...
I like you use of slap bass here and there...
And in the end, there should have been one more chord instead of the intro riff.

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542558
im not very good at drums but i might do that later down the track after i touch up on this one....
your right the bass part was lacking just thinking of how to fix it

thanks

well i try to make people feel better as long as you enjoyed it
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
That was pretty cool man! Keep it up!

Thanks for not making a Metal piece by the way haha... I have nothing against Metal, just most of the pieces here are Metal and yeah... Nothing against Metal, seriously.

But yeah, cool song, I enjoyed it all together, one of those songs you can listen to for a whiiiile heh.
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
some of the bass interludes i think were over complicated, but every thing else was great, it sounded huge and all the riffs were fantastic. i loved the keys too, id make them a rock organ or something but thats just preference. great work, keep it up
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
wow i really liked that it was really rhcp inspired which i love but its close to sounding like a rip off, mabey add your own touch to it

I really liked the lead lines and the chord progressions were really nice and kinda funky sounding which gave good contrast to the lead lines. The harmoneys were really nice to

Overall good job it just in my opinion needs a personal touch 8.5/10
sounds like scar tissue and wet sand fused hahah great song....deffinitly sounds like rhcp

9/10
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Left_hander_nz
sounds like scar tissue and wet sand fused hahah great song....deffinitly sounds like rhcp

9/10

wet sand, scar tissue and this velvet glove were my inspirations for this piece.

im glad everyone is enjoying it

the muffin!
Quote by ch715dallat
midi wouldnt play in media player for some reason.?

works in my media player

that happened to one of my friends also...hmmm

the muffin!
updated
Attachments:
Untitled.zip

the muffin!
That was really awesome dude.
I loved every bit of it. No complaints.
Very well put together. Nice job.
Spiral Out
very bass oriented... nice job! gets a little bit repetitive, but I still like it
That was amazing. VERY Red Hot Chili Peppers-like. And that's good. The bass was astounding. The verse riff got a bit old after awhile, but it stayed interesting all the way through. Very well done on this peice.

Crit mine if you get a chance? Top 2 in my sig are the newest.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Thanks alot everyone for the crits

I've taken alot fo what you've said into account

the muffin!
Hey man i thought that was really, i loved the bass too. I thought it did get slightly repetitive though towards the end, especially in the verses. Other than though, great job.
Quote by Kensai
Because 14 yr olds + teh internetz = liez

I made that up in math class.

Quote by Random Youtube Kid
Michael Romeo- You think he plays fast? You should watch him eat cream pies.
It's soothing. Really good I like. It's lighthearted but at the same time not in your face happy. way to go. I didn't mind the repitition at all.
That was awesome, wish I could come up with something like that, loved that clean guitar riff, and the bass, lol. Pretty weird bass solo, but I liked it, I would give it a 10/10!!

Wanna crit mine, theres a thread called Guitar pro songs of mine.
Quote by gonzaw
That was awesome, wish I could come up with something like that, loved that clean guitar riff, and the bass, lol. Pretty weird bass solo, but I liked it, I would give it a 10/10!!

Wanna crit mine, theres a thread called Guitar pro songs of mine.

I can't find it

the muffin!
I agree with most people here, the bass is fantastic! It's also very catchy in general. I think the bass solo would sound a lot better when preformed by an actual person ( not the crappy midi one!) The choir thing o's were a nice touch too!
hey thats really good! Reminded me of All Along The Watch Tower (Hendrix version) mixed with RHCP, so obviously it's gonna be good! Yeah it's very bass orientated, but thats a good thing. Not everything has to be all blazing guitar solos! I think it would sound really good with some vocals too. 8/10 easily
Thanks for commenting my tab
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Btw, would you mind uploading it in gp4 format?, cause I don't have powertab and I would really wanna read it, and for some reason my guitarpro can't import this powertab file.
Listening to it as a type, I definitely hear the RHCP influence on this from the start. I really like how it's very bass oriented and has some nice bass lines. Also, I like the guitar, very Frusciante-like. The bass interlude around 2:00 is pretty sick and you did a good job of not making it sound very cheesey as many bass solos can sound overly repetetive and dull. Overall I would give it a 9/10 just because nobody can be perfect haha..but good work and let me know if you record it man. Thanks for the crit on mine as well, have a good one.

-Ben
This rocks and is awesome. Love it - very inspirational. Isnt it the same progression as 'Knock me Down' in the verse?
I got one up at the moment ur welcome to listen to
Quote by Stephen00000
This rocks and is awesome. Love it - very inspirational. Isnt it the same progression as 'Knock me Down' in the verse?
I got one up at the moment ur welcome to listen to

Sort of Knock me down is Dm7, C, A#

It is actually the same chord progession as The Velvet Glove (which I didn't know till after I worked with it) Dm, C, A#....but I added some variations throughout.

Thanks for crit, I'll find yours

the muffin!
Thanks for the crit man

Love the lead guitar in the intro, however the 16th notes in the last bar on the ninth fret sounds a bit out of tune, but i don't know which note would fit there as the 8th fret doesn't really either.
Verse: Amazing, everything works well, although i would suggest turning the 2nd staff guitar up a bit, you can hardly hear it.
Bridge: ...interesting. that last diad you played in the guitar part was a bit out of tune though.
Chorus: Again, amazing, although i don't really like how every part just sustains a note at bar 35-36. I would like to see you put another lead part, like the intro only varied, in there, it would let the transition to the pre-verse sound less 'forced'
Liking the solo, nothing wrong with that.
Breakdown: great, can't think of anything here.
Pre-Outro: Still, not a fan of the sustained chords, would like to see some lead work over here.
Outro: Excellent. Exactly how i wanted it to end.

Very much an RHCP sound, and it worked well, but some parts were repeated a bit too often during the song.
reminded me of this velvet glove and all along the watchtower

never the less a good piece
I loved this song, really good powerful bass, and great rhythms. The whole song fits together really nicely, nothing feels out of place. Unfortunatly, the main rhythm is a very common progression, but I think the way you use it makes it very different and unique. Loved that intro too.

Crit Mine?
wow that was great. 9/10 cause nothings perfect. Get sum decent recording gear cause i wanna hear it for real. U write good music, how long have u been writing for?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER