Page 1 of 2
what are some good street punk bands..
plz dont say unseen or casualties..
they are not the only punk bands in this world...
oxymoron
a global threat
anti-nowhere league
...there are not that many good ones...
lower class brats
the virus...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
the virus
lower class brats
defiance
krum bums
a global threat
action
monster squad
toxic narcotic
violent society
varukers
clit 45
english dogs
self distruct
i guess uk82 bands are considered street...so like gbh and the exploited and the varukers i guess would be steet punk too...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

I'll give you a hint.

It starts with a "Dont" and ends with a "Listen to Streetpunk"

Listen to good punk music like Black Flag and the Circle Jerks.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
alright thx. i new about lower class brats and a global threat.. but the others ill check out
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
I'll give you a hint.

there are some good street bands...it's just rare, like oxymoron i think are a pretty solid listen.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

If you like street punk, check out these bands. Some of them are Uk 82, but are essentially the same style of punk.

Abasive Wheels
The Skeptix
GBH
The Virus
Varukers
The Ghouls
Action
Monster Squad
Broken Bones
Cheap Sex
Violent Society
Blanks 77
Discharge
Defiance
Quote by mike2
anti-nowhere league

Yes matey. The league.

And also, the UK Subs, a good choice of band.

Apparently, my earlier solo work sounds like generic english street punk, which was a cool thing to say
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
I'll give you a hint.

Seriously man, **** off.

Street Punk > Black Flag and Circle Jerks.

Street Punk is about as punk as you can get because it's SO stripped, down and in the street.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Seriously man, **** off.

Street Punk > Black Flag and Circle Jerks.

Street Punk is about as punk as you can get because it's SO stripped, down and in the street.

I always new you was the shit BrianApocalypse but now... you are officially the shit.
Sham 69. Not sure if they're technically street punk, but they helped pioneer it and inspire it.
Quote by drema
I always new you was the shit BrianApocalypse but now... you are officially the shit.

It took me a few minutes to work that one out

I wish I had been less angry, although to be fair, hardcore really doesn't have a thing on street punk.
Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
No Cash are the only band youll ever need to listen to.

He's asking for streetpunk.

Oi! is closely related to street punk, so check out **** Sparrer, Condemed 84, Cockney Rejects, Angelic Upstarts.

If you listen to punk, I think you gotta listen to somestreet punk. You can't really say a whole type of music sucks, there's usually a band that's good.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by merfsullivan
Street Dogs

Street Dogs are good but they're not street punk at all, they're definitely pop-punk.

Quote by Pick It Up123
Oi Polloi

WTF? Oi Polloi are like anarcho-hardcore, some people might even call 'em crust.

Quote by Iliemyfaceoff
If No Cash arent street then what the hell are they?

They're that stupid "Crack Rock Steady" bullshit. I can't figure out for the life of me why everyone likes them.

Good streetpunk:

Oxymoron
US Bombs (I don't really think they're streetpunk but a lot of people call them that)
Abrasive Wheels
The Suspicion/Alkadogs
The Virus
Blanks 77
Born To Lose
Brain Failure
Discipline
Dropkick Murphys (really old stuff only)
GBH
A Global Threat
Last Call Brawl
The Lower Class Brats
Roger Miret & the Disasters
Varukers
Quote by TheAdict310
How would someone find US Bombs to be street punk?

I dunno, but basically everyone I know who knows the US Bombs, besides the people on here, classifies them as streetpunk if they classify them.
surprisingly, yeah, hardrock is right...they way old stuff was pretty street...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by hardrock1315
I dunno, but basically everyone I know who knows the US Bombs, besides the people on here, classifies them as streetpunk if they classify them.

I really don't know what to classify them as either, so I guess street punk works. And yeah, DKM's first cd was more street than anything.
wtf, GBH are not street punk and especially DISCHARGE!!!! kill yourself kid, sounds more like motorhead to me. are they street punk??? NO! uk82 and street p unk are different. the exploited, varukers= street punk. gbh, discharge, and wtf, black flag, circle jerks, ARE NOT STREET PUNK. come to california and say that, and you WILL GET BEATEN LIKE A DOG!
street punk= hardcore punk and OI combined. like the EXPLOITED.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Exploited and Varukers are both Uk 82. I'm not saying those bands are street punk, but Uk 82 had a huge influence on modern street punk bands and really doesn't sound much different. If you like street punk, you most likely will like Uk 82 punk.
Quote by Mav-16
wtf, GBH are not street punk and especially DISCHARGE!!!! kill yourself kid, sounds more like motorhead to me.

um... GBH are streetpunk. Oi! is a variation and influence of street punk and UK82 is streetpunk, just older version of the moder street such as a global threat or the casualties type of street.

Quote by Mav-16
are they street punk??? NO! uk82 and street p unk are different. the exploited, varukers= street punk.

the exploited and varukers are technically UK82.

Quote by Mav-16
gbh, discharge, and wtf, black flag, circle jerks, ARE NOT STREET PUNK.

did...anyone even mention black flag or circle jerks? i think johnny napalm mentioned that hardcore bands such as those are better than street; but no one said they were street.

Quote by Mav-16
come to california and say that, and you WILL GET BEATEN LIKE A DOG!street punk= hardcore punk and OI combined. like the EXPLOITED.

Exploited suck, put that to the side, street punk is...not oi and hardcore punk mixed. all three came out pretty much simeltaneously...it is just a harsher punk that emphasizes life on the street and related topics.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Well, everythings already been said in this thread, so i'll just make a polite suggestion:

The Oi! Scouts.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I really can't take Roger Miret and the disasters seriously enough to see them as a street punk band.

The limeys do street punk better. But their '76ers aren't as good.
dont listen to monster squad they are horrible

Whiskey Rebels
Oxymoron
The Restarts
Pressure Point
Anti-Heroes

Blitz (they arn't exactly street punk but you will like them)
Quote by Prince
Blitz (they arn't exactly street punk but you will like them)

I really wish i could find some more Blitz, all I have is new age off a comp, and it's a ****ing anthem.
Page 1 of 2