do you apply scales to writing music? and how do you know which notes to use in a certain order?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Notes are your letters, scales are like your paragraphs, and solo's are storys written by your scales. So when you are making a solo, it's very much like writing a book. You have a story flowing using notes, scales, modes ect, chords. write a song like you are telling a story. Do what sounds rite, let your creative side do the writing and the technical side do the playing.
Well, for instance, if you had a progression that went like

|| Dmaj7 | Amaj7 :||

Now, lest figure out the notes.

Dmaj7 : D F# A C#

Amaj7 : A C# E G#

Now. We take the notes and figure out the scale. Since it starts with a D, then the key will be in D.

These are the notes we need: D E F# G# A C#

We can either put a B natural or a B# (enharmonic to C). But, if we put a B#(C), we'll then have B#(C) - C# - D. Really, it doesn't really work well with 3 half steps in a row.

So then we'll take the B natural.

Our final scale is: D E F# G# A B C# ( D lydian, 1 2 3 #4 5 6 7)

I'm not sure if thats what you're asking though.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
hmm blues you outdone me once again ahah. Oh well I try to give the best advise I can. Listen to Blues SOAD. He knows what hes talking about
Quote by SillyRabbit
hmm blues you outdone me once again ahah. Oh well I try to give the be st adviseI can. Listen to Blues SOAD. He knows what hes talking about

Im going to sig that.
DANNY

hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
yeah, that helped blues... but how do you figure out what order to put the notes in while writing a song
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Order as in order of strengths? Intervals?
DANNY

Quote by bluesrocker101
Order as in order of strengths? Intervals?

which notes come first... i don't really know how to say it... i don't know that much about music theory... like... how do you know what note to start with, then what note you would put second, third, etc.
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Ok. Intervals. I'm not really a pro at them, so I suggest that you check out the MT FAQ. Good stuff.
DANNY

Quote by SOADrox429
which notes come first... i don't really know how to say it... i don't know that much about music theory... like... how do you know what note to start with, then what note you would put second, third, etc.

Are you asking how to write a melody?
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
If you mean what notes come first like, "Should I play E first, then A, then F#?" Well, that's part of the fun when writing stuff. There is no set way to order the notes. You call all the shots and make it sound the way you want to.
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
If you mean what notes come first like, "Should I play E first, then A, then F#?" Well, that's part of the fun when writing stuff. There is no set way to order the notes. You call all the shots and make it sound the way you want to.

yeah, that's pretty much what i was looking for, thank you
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Yes, definately watch that video. Yes, it is worth your time.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
Yes, definately watch that video. Yes, it is worth your time.

and a lot of time it was... that was a long video, but i watched it, and i learned a lot, thank you for showing me that
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath