Hey, I am just wondering. I practice a lot, I just practiced about 9 hours yesterday and about 4 or so today. When I am practicing a song, (right now it is the Stairway solo), and I practice it for too long or think about it too much, I get sloppy and sloppier. But if I take a break and don't think about playing it too much, I am fine. Does this happen to you guys? If so, how long do you practice a song in a day that you have memorized before moving on to practice something else?
Be cool.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
So this isn't a thread about the elusive G-Spot?

Damn.

+1
i never can memorize solos i just get the feel of how they are supposed go and improvise from that. but when i do i memorize them in sections of 15 to 20 notes.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
So this isn't a thread about the elusive G-Spot?

Damn.

i thought the same thing... i was disappointed
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
just do something to intermediate you're practice. if you start getting sloppy or like you're fingers get cold and kinda numb, at east what i like to do is wash them or run them under warm or even hot water. very refreshing. then you can go back to the song or try a different one. there really isn't some mythical set time limit, just whatever feels right to you.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Yea totally happens to me. I can play Snow starting out cold by RHCP but then lose it after i run through the song more than a couple times. Other songs too, but I'm guessing that certain muscles get too tired and sloppy if your constantly repeating something, and it could also be mental. I try not to stay on any one song more than half an hour and move on to other things in a practice session to get a well rounded practice and I think that is the best idea. If you really like a song your playing play something else for a while then come back to it but just don't stay on it constantly.
this happens to me in a longer run sort of. i wont get sloppier, but if i dont play guitar for a couple of days and come back to it i seem to improve a lot. i guess it just needs to kinda clear your mind or something.
Quote by toddpens8771
this happens to me in a longer run sort of. i wont get sloppier, but if i dont play guitar for a couple of days and come back to it i seem to improve a lot. i guess it just needs to kinda clear your mind or something.

Ya, thats what happens to me too. if I come back after a day or two, I get all energized and improve.
Be cool.