okay well, im one of those weirdo children that like to drive around late at night with unnessisarily(sp?) loud music, and my mate has been trying to get a really good amp to put in his car, but it keeps distorting, and we're not exactly in the right area to just be able to go into town and buy a big damn amp, so we make all our stuff from spare parts from older amps.
Anyways, i was wondering if anyone had any idea where i would be able to find the plans for a SUPER AMP!! sub preferably but any is good!

cheers,

emily
IM A GIRL GOD DANG IT!
Its different, you should ask someone like who makes volume amps. Only because guitar amps produce tones, while volume amps (like ones in your car) only copy the sound that other preamps are projecting.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
haha, wasn't expecting you to be a chick! I read the whole post, thinking of some 17 year old immature guy, and then I read, Cheers, Emily. haha. funny.
Seriously though, no i have no idea. try to ruin your car and send it in to pimp my ride. that's my suggestion,.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Unless you plan to put a stage on top of your guitar, and stick an input jack into the amp...

Might be a better idea to query car mod sites instead?
Well, in-car power amps are always solid state. Why? Cos valves are fragile (not for cars no no nein) and cos they're portable. A 1400 watt power amp is the size of a phone directory. The same thing running on valves would be the size of your car's engine.

Over here, I've seen a lot of power amps at second-hand shops. I dunno what it's like Australia, but look around. Look for them on the internet, go to some car customising shop and buy them. They aren't cheap, though.
yeah not to mention car batteries produce 12 volts an tubes need at least 110. Infact it's very difficult just to actually run a tube amp on a battery, it's only been recently that ppl have been able to do it.

Quote by sashki
Well, in-car power amps are always solid state. Why? Cos valves are fragile (not for cars no no nein) and cos they're portable. A 1400 watt power amp is the size of a phone directory. The same thing running on valves would be the size of your car's engine.

on the other hand however, we shouldn't forget that 1400w solid state=loud and 1400w tube=death to ne1 in the surrounding country!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 11, 2007,
It's more likely the speakers that are distorting rather than the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by sashki

True, but cars did used to have valve amplifiers in them back in the day, and the vavles don't break or anything then.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by steven seagull
It's more likely the speakers that are distorting rather than the amp.

he's probably right.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Calum_Barrow
True, but cars did used to have valve amplifiers in them back in the day, and the vavles don't break or anything then.

True too. But we live in the communication age!

Y'know, some russian MIG fighter planes had all the onboard technology made with tiny little valves. When the US forces saw it they were all like "LOL primitive H@x". But the thing is valves can survive the magnetic blast following a nuclear explosion, whereas transistors can't.

True story.

Right, back on topic.

Find out where the stupid kids live, park a marshall stack in their back yard and play classic metal at 4 in the morning.