In my theatre class at school, my teacher gave us a project. It's basically a virtual trip to London and Stratford. So, I was wondering, what are some good theatres that I should look into? I'm 'going' in the middle of June.

thanks

Oh, and NO musicals.
Quote by brngbacwudstok
In my theatre class at school, my teacher gave us a project. It's basically a virtual trip to London and Stratford. So, I was wondering, what are some good theatres that I should look into? I'm 'going' in the middle of June.

thanks

Oh, and NO musicals.

One of the more famous (and therefore obvious) is the Globe theatre (situated on the south bank of the thames), which obviously has all the heritage of being so entrenched with Shakespeare. They usually have some pretty good performances on there....sometimes with the RSS (royal shakespeare society) performing. RANDOM FACT: the globe is the only building in london that is allowed to have a thatched roof.

Another theatre to look out for is the Old Vic (situated just opposite waterloo station) which is currently run/co-owned by Kevin Spacey and recently has had some quite impressive stuff on.