I hate these threads but I'm gonna post one anyways.

Well I'm thinking about getting a good guitar that will last me a while. I play a VERY wide variety of music, from stuff like Children of Bodom and Pantera to Jimi Hendrix and other blues type stuffs, so I'll need a versatile guitar, one that can handle intense gain and distortion but plays sweet cleans. I'm more of a distortion on the bridge, solo on the neck/cleans on the neck kinda guy. I want humbucker pickups. Six strings... I'd favor two volumes (one for each pickup) and no trem. I don't feel like all the hassle of a Floyd Rose and the springs and all that crap. I like thin necks and that sorta thing. Idk about the neckthru or whatever, I have a bolt on at the moment but I kinda want a neckthru or set net, cause its weird with your thumb at the neck joint and its all crazy with the bolt on, I'd rather have a smooth transition between the neck and body. 24 would be nice too but I can live without.
Of course I'm gonna go to the store and try some out and stuff, but I just wanna know what to lean towards. I really like the Gibson Flying V and Explorer, and I'm not sure about my price range. I'm probably going to spend somewhere around 800 at the most? I really don't know, since I only have around $300 at the moment. So just give me some guitars I should look into.
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 11, 2007,
Ibanez SZs are pretty versatile instruments. But seriously, Hendrix, CoB, and Pantera on a guitar with no trem? That's like, a contradiction in itself...

Okay, contradictions aside, ESP (actually, the cheaper LTD models, but you know what I mean) could propbably provide some good versatile instruments. Of course, you'd need to find the Seymour Duncan equipped guitars, because EMGs aren't known for thier versatility.

Let's see... in the shape of Flying Vs and Explorers, Dean makes some sweet guitars that are in the price range, as does Hamer. If you want a Dean, you could get the best of both the V and Explorer worlds and get an ML :P
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Ibanez SZs are pretty versatile instruments. But seriously, Hendrix, CoB, and Pantera on a guitar with no trem? That's like, a contradiction in itself...

Okay, contradictions aside, ESP (actually, the cheaper LTD models, but you know what I mean) could propbably provide some good versatile instruments. Of course, you'd need to find the Seymour Duncan equipped guitars, because EMGs aren't known for thier versatility.

Let's see... in the shape of Flying Vs and Explorers, Dean makes some sweet guitars that are in the price range, as does Hamer. If you want a Dean, you could get the best of both the V and Explorer worlds and get an ML :P

I'm with him. But I got some more. Try Jackson, they make some without trem, like the slsmg. But for the cleans and the hi gain, go with the lower end PRS, SE Standard or custom. I had a custom for a while, it was amazing. Blazing neck speed it does not have, but amazing cleans and great distortion it does. Try er' out!
Oh woops, forgot to mention some things like the neck and stuff. I like thin necks and that sorta thing. Idk about the neckthru or whatever, I have a bolt on at the moment but I kinda want a neckthru or set net, cause its weird with your thumb at the neck joint and its all crazy with the bolt on, I'd rather have a smooth transition between the neck and body.

The ML appeals to me with its body shape very much... I was trying to make a nice body design one day... and I turned out to design the ML, lol. But I hate that Dimebag used it and I'll feel like a Dimebag wannabe poser freak noob.
Okay, #1 guitar you should look at then, Jackson RR any series. It has a weird shape and mostly neck thru. And then if you feel like a poser to Randy,(which would be dumb cause' tons of people use the RR series.) Try any Ibanez. Ibanez has just come out with new Iceman guitars and V shaped guitars. Take a look into them.
how a bout SchecterS!!!!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I dislike Schecter necks - they feel too bulky to me.

Dean makes some nice guitars, an ML would be well worth it. And not many people outside of the metal scene associate it with Dime - hell, I show people JEMs and they don't know that it's a signature.
no
Iceman's are sweet looking guitars.
The Rhaods is pretty cool, I don't feel like a copycat with it. Only with the ML.
The Dean ML or the Rhaods V are easily noticed as a Signiture due to the shape, plus the fact that most the MLs are Dimebag Tribute/Signiture. Sweet guitars, too. Razorbacks are hawt.

A cool thing is that with the Explorer or flying V or rhaods V or jackson kelly or whatever, my case cna hold it cause it's got a bunch of foam thingies in it specially made for those guitars, so you can basically fit any guitar into it (if it's got a crazy shape)
Last edited by RPGoof at Mar 11, 2007,