I was opening a huge cardboard box with a big pocket knife today, and I swung around and stabbed my left index finger, which plays a huge role in my guitar playing obviously. It was nasty because the knife was lodged in there and I had to basically rip it out of my finger. It spurt a little but it doesn't hurt unless you touch it.

I don't know how long I'll have to stop playing, and I know that if I try to play it will rip right open and bleed again.

Here's a picture. It's not that bad looking, but it's really really deep.

What injuries have kept you away from guitar?
Pissed.
Last edited by Unofficial at Mar 10, 2007,
After seeing/reading that, I'm gonna feel like a pussy for saying this, but...

I got a splinter in the webbing between my thumb and index finger. It didn't make playing impossible, but it hurt just enough to make it not really worth it.

Oh, and there was the time I broke my wrist.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Yesterday i was wrestling around with a bunch of people and got my wrist jammed pretty hard. Lose feeling in my fingers when i bend my wrist, but at least its strumming hand, and not fretting. Hopefully it'll go away in a week or so.

Cuts usually heal in a week, at least enough so that you can play.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by Pan-Tallica

Ouch. How did that happen?

Hopefully it wasn't one that made it painfull to play guitar forever. I know people that have broken wrists/arms/fingers and made it impossible for them to play because of pain or lack of flexibility. That really sucks.
Pissed.
^ ouch collarbone? Yea I sliced my finger and thumb with a big ass knife once. Took me a week to start playing again. I don't know, unless you really **** up your hand I find its fine, like I messed up my wrist and it hurts playing piano and doing anything else, but it doesn't hurt playing guitar. Its the weird angles that kill it though. I really have nothing more to say on the subject .............................
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
Awesome quality close up shot lol.

I was an idiot one day and my friend and I thought we were funny so we went to play with fire. Then I get owned because my friend poured too much methylene spirits on the fire causing the fire to go back up to the bottle and exploding on my arm. lol
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
In september 05 I dropped a cinder block on my index and ring finger. I couldnt play for like a week and a half.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
In september 05 I dropped a cinder block on my index and ring finger. I couldnt play for like a week and a half.

May I ask why you were carrying a cinder block?
Pissed.
Quote by Unofficial
Ouch. How did that happen?

Hopefully it wasn't one that made it painfull to play guitar forever. I know people that have broken wrists/arms/fingers and made it impossible for them to play because of pain or lack of flexibility. That really sucks.
I can still play, just not so well standing up. The weight of the guitar on any part of my shoulder really hurts after a while.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
November last year, I fell over and broke my fall with my hands, and twisted my wrist. I only noticed the pain went away like two weeks ago.
yo.

I BELIEVE
We were going to my family's other house one weekend and we bought some food at Railey's before we reached our house. I was so hungry and wanted to open some Krispy Kreme, so I decided to open the doughnuts. I was too impatient to use some sharp object to break the seal at the bottom of the carton, so I used my finger. My finger slipped and I got this huge deep papercut across my index finger.
Quote by Unofficial
May I ask why you were carrying a cinder block?

It was a cinder block used for covering street plumbing. When I was trying to place it over the pipes, I accidently dropped it and those fingers somehow got caught. =/

Left hand.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
What injury has prevented me from playing guitar? Well, besides the obvious Carpal Tunnel... a paper cut.
usually it either my bitch sister hitting my hand with a large blunt object or me cutting my fingers by accident
I don't like as i lay dying
Quote by beetroot10
pan-tallica? how long were you standing up with your guitar for its like green and there looks like theres a bon out or somehtign
Yeah, I broke my collarbone and playing while standing hurts now.

What you see in that pic didn't happen because of playing guitar.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
a month ago i was playing with an open can (stupid isn't it) the edge cutted my right thumb (in the exact same spot where it hits the strings or hold the pick, i wasn't able to play with my thumb for 2 days