When you have a rack and rack gear, do you just hook it up to the cabs, or do you have to also have the head?

I was looking at:

Preamp Chassis

Module 1

Module 2

Module 3(Discontinued, but I will buy it through Randall somehow)

Module 4

What are some things I should know about Racks/rack gear? and wear can i find some cases?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Well #1 You are gonna need a poweramp out to your cab - either that or you could run it in throught the effects loop on another amp.
#2 The preamp model you have selected is great if you want one base unit with a LARGE variety of tones, however this variety comes at a fairly high price tag. With all those modules you could get a fairly decent engl preamp, a Marshal JMP-1, or a variety of Mesa preamps. None of these single preamps will have as much versatility, but they will sound better for the specific sounds they do. Except for the JMP-1 which can do almost all the tones of the Randall.

Another option (the one I am planning on taking) is getting a couple of Ada MP-1's and modding them for specific sounds. They are only about $200 and are amazing sounding full preamps (not just modules) for the price. Stock they have a hotrodded Marshall sound, but you can mod them for a wide variety of sounds. The only sound you really can't get out of them isd a sparkly Fender clean, but beside that most everything else is fair game. But remember you are still going to need a preamp - so figure that into your budget. Personally you are not going to find much knowledge of rack setups here, as there are a few people with very expensive amp setups, but not many people with nice rack setups, so I suggest you head over to harmony central as their are many people who extensive knowledge of this subject - in fact their is one guy over there who has a $30,000 rack setup (and pics!).
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Last edited by thrice_removed at Mar 11, 2007,