Poll: Should there be a "guitar painting thread"?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should there be a "guitar painting thread"?
Yes
11 100%
No
0 0%
Voters: 11.
I think someone should make "The guitar painting thread" and get it stickied, lately there have been a lot of people making threads about how to paint and what sandpaper to use, etc... Mostly they are given links to ReRanch and ProjectGuitar, but if there was a thread explaining how to do everything, even if it was copypasta from project guitar and ReRanch I guess we would have less of these threads...

I haven't ever painted a guitar so I can't really make the thread, but I think someone like Dave, Mutated_Riff or Ippon are experienced enough to do it.

If the thread is done I think it should explain all the ways of painting (spray cans, airbrush, dye, etc... maybe even stenciling) and also the process of clearcoating and buffing the finish.

Just an idea....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
I vote yes. A whole REFINISHING sticky with lots of links and tutorials etc. It would be easier than aswering every question individually and if someone needs something not already in there it could be updated to beincluded in the 'main post'.

Would save a lot of mostly useless threads and all the 15 different opinions about painting that are always given.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I vote yes. A whole REFINISHING sticky with lots of links and tutorials etc. It would be easier than aswering every question individually and if someone needs something not already in there it could be updated to beincluded in the 'main post'.

Would save a lot of mostly useless threads and all the 15 different opinions about painting that are always given.

actually thats what it should be.... a Refinishing sticky.... thats a good name, I think I will start to collect all kinds of links to tuts and other things, I will ask Ippon to make a tutorial himself for the masking and stenciling part of the thread.... Just in case someone ends up making the thread...

Quote by robbo_0013

Quote by spazzymagee417
Definitely a good idea for the refinishing thread.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
It a good idea in theory, but it is alot of work to go in any detail. Chris (algeeeater) started one awhile back, but never got around to finishing as it's really big job to go it any detail, it is pretty broad subject aswell and it is already well done at other places.

A faq thread may be more attainable goal, with links and such. I would do one if it wanted.
I do have a strat body i am refinishing I cound write some up about.
I just opened a thread with links to tutorials of all kinds of refinishing processes. any other tutorials or builds you have could be added there.

Quote by robbo_0013

Quote by spazzymagee417