anyone know how to get direct monitoring on cubase? as of now the when monitoring is turned on it has a 2 sec delay which is confusing as hell if you plug straight into the mixer from a pedalboard!!
anyone know how to get direct monitoring on cubase?

This is all covered in the manual (which is a PDF found in a menu in Cubase).

as of now the when monitoring is turned on it has a 2 sec delay which is confusing as hell if you plug straight into the mixer from a pedalboard!!

That is called latency. What soundcard are you using?

Brandon
no clue about the soundcard. im using a gateway laptop if that helps. it was bought a couple months ago. yeah, i read the manual where it talked about monitoring and the ASIO configuration. i did what it told me to do - device setup, vst multitrack, and i saw the direct monitoring thing. it wont let me check the box though. it is that stupid dull grey color that dosnt allow you to check it.
I never use the monitoring feature of Cubase because of the latency. Could you listen to the mixer with headphones, and sort of have them half on so that you can hear the audio tracks you're playing along with in Cubase being played on your computer speakers? Not ideal, but I think it could work.
nah. plugging phones in the mixer itself doesnt let your hear the other tracks already recorded or the cubase metronome. right now we are just plugging phones in the computer to hear everything. we were trying to do direct monitoring because i plug my line 6 pod xt live straight in to the mixer when we record. it would save time and effort if i could hear what i was playing as a i was playing it. otherwise i'll have to mic my cab.
The latency is caused by your stock soundcard. Just about any real recording sound card will take care of this problem.

See the Home Recording Soundcard Wizard in my signature.

Brandon