Alright.

This is going to seem strange, and some-what spam related, but it's not. This thought actually has been going through my head for quiet a while now. (As lame as it may seem to you.) I got the idea after watching "Ground Hog Day". Which is a movie dealing with the premises of being unable to die/continue on with life. The character was stuck in the same day for months, unable to change it, unable to die.

So here's where my thought process kicked in...

Your stuck on a ledge peaking out over infinite nothingness. Just pure darkness. The wall facings around you are completely smooth. Unable to be climbed upon. You are incapable of moving more than a few inches in any direction. You are alone. Some how you have no need for water, food, warmth, or any vital human essentials. You are just there to live your life on this ledge.

*the kicker*

Some how you know that if you jump into this infinite blackness, you'll die, and you will instantly be cast to hell. (or someplace horrible) However, if you wait the duration of your life, (let's say 80 years) you'll be rewarded with an absolute Heaven. Each circumstantial ending if for the rest of eternity.

God damn it's hard to explain the image in my head. (I know it doesn't have much to do with the movie. My mind wanders way too far off topic.)

What would you do? Honestly. Jokes aside, what would you do?
stay there?
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
this all depends on what you beleive in.
I'm still searching for the right answer, whether there is a heaven and hell, whether everything just goes black and you're gone, but you have no sense of saying that because you're dead (i think about this a lot.)

but i suppose if your friends arent there, nobody to talk to you, nobody to support you or anything, with the rest of your life just sitting there, with nothing to happen, i'd probably choose death.

EDIT: you say INFINATE blackness. that means, neverending, therefore never going into the endless hell. I think the choice should be easy from here on out..
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Last edited by 6DgOfInTb at Mar 11, 2007,
Rocker 69,

For 80 or so years? That's kind of where the whole thing plays in with me. Is the present worth the future, sort of thing.
There is obviously no negative aspect to 'waiting' there, except possible insanity (seeing as how you'd just be sitting there for 80 years). If you start going nuts, jump. Where's the negative aspect of waiting, besides boredom? I'm assuming that the utopia at the end of the wait includes women. Hell, I'd wait 80 years to get laid by a woman of my choice (Elisha Cuthbert).
Kill myself, 80 years of boredom for an eternity of heaven? Yeah, right.

According to the hardcore radical Christians, all the dead rock stars are in hell.
Quote by Rocker_69
stay there?

Yeah I think that's pretty much the obvious answer. If I could, and I'm not sure about that last bit.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Quote by MaidenToTheMax
There is obviously no negative aspect to 'waiting' there, except possible insanity (seeing as how you'd just be sitting there for 80 years). If you start going nuts, jump. Where's the negative aspect of waiting, besides boredom? I'm assuming that the utopia at the end of the wait includes women. Hell, I'd wait 80 years to get laid by a woman of my choice (Elisha Cuthbert).

that is the exact reason i said stay there.

Id just think of women for 80 years, then go to heaven and be like, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
i would try and pass the time masturbating but 80 years seems like a while...
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by The Casualty

According to the hardcore radical Christians, all the dead rock stars are in hell.

Thats true mate they would all be in hell cause they werent religeous and for all the sex drugs rock n roll
My Gear:

Fender 2008 American Series Standard Stratocaster
Hand Made Acoustic Guitar (made by my uncle)
Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 with maestro trem
BOSS DS-1
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Classic Wah
Peavey Bandit
I'd think that you'd go insane if you wait there doing nothing for 80 years.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
I believe in reincarnation, but heres my thoughts, 80 years for eternal happiness? I would wait no matter what. I mean come on, who wants an eternal hell? I don't even think masochists want that.
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
Eventually you would go insane and your mind would create an alternate reality. So I guess I would stay there.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think I may have found a loophole.

If you die, you go to heaven? If you jump, you go to hell?
So, you live the rest of your life on the cliff? You jump off, you go to hell.

Simple, kill yourself ON the cliff.
If you truly weigh your options, you'd be a fool to not stay on that ledge. If you find that staying on that ledge is too much of a hell for you, then who's to say that when you're suffering eternal damnation in won't be in a the form of standing on some ledge alone, for all eternity, with no hope of escape. This is a very interesting metaphor for life and death and suicide in particular if you really consider it. If your life is such hell that you'd choose to kill yourself (assuming you believe in Christianity), that you would rather die and suffer eternal damnation quite possibly in the form you were suffering already, or carry on through it and hope that there would be something better at the end of the suffering.
Let's go to hell
I've sold my soul
So when my body goes cold
I'll go straight to hell
C'mon
Let's go to hell
Won't you be told?
I've sold my soul
Go straight to hell
Let's burn in the flames, yeah!

By Carcass law I go to hell. If this is Christian heaven/hell I'd rather meet Lucifer and Lilith than Jesus and all of them. 80 years is is too long anyhow, I'd hate 'god' for making me do that in order to get into his heaven. The wrong way is so much easier and better IMO.
Last edited by Embodiment at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by The Casualty

Its not like you will be hanging out with them
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by Embodiment
Let's go to hell
I've sold my soul
So when my body goes cold
I'll go straight to hell
C'mon
Let's go to hell
Won't you be told?
I've sold my soul
Go straight to hell

Let's burn in the flames, yeah!

By Carcass law I go to hell. And if this is Christian heaven/hell I'd rather meet Lucifer and Lilith than Jesus and all of them. 80 is is too long anyhow, I'd hate 'god' for making me do that in order to get into his heaven.

yeah true jesus talks too soft and is a wimp. and god is ignorant to my beliefs

plus the whole rockstar thing, id love to meet them all

but..... eternal happiness would include meeting them?

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by NGD1313
If you truly weigh your options, you'd be a fool to not stay on that ledge. If you find that staying on that ledge is too much of a hell for you, then who's to say that when you're suffering eternal damnation in won't be in a the form of standing on some ledge alone, for all eternity, with no hope of escape. This is a very interesting metaphor for life and death and suicide in particular if you really consider it. If your life is such hell that you'd choose to kill yourself (assuming you believe in Christianity), that you would rather die and suffer eternal damnation quite possibly in the form you were suffering already, or carry on through it and hope that there would be something better at the end of the suffering.

hahaha, spot on my friend. This was a type of mind-playing hypothetical question. I'm glad you saw the depth of it.
After awhile of standing, time would start to go faster. If it got to the point that everything seemed a daze and you didn't know what was up, what was down, what was what, I'd jump. Or you could just jack off for 80 years.....
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Ok, since people are turning it into a religious debate, how bout i simplify (dumb it down) for you.

A. 80 years with nothing to do, then living forever with EVERYTHING to do
B. Death, and then an eternity of pain and suffering.

Dont bring god of satan or any other figures into it.
Why has God decided I have to do this? I lack a religion, and so it wouldn't be a test of my faith. I'm going to assume there's just a bad afterlife and a good afterlife and I have to decide between the two. I've always thought in Hell you would have eternity to become assutomed to the torture and all that jazz, but then I don't really feel like taking the time to get used to it. I'd most likely stay, eventually I'd become insane and create my own little world to live in. Providing I got my sanity back in Heaven, that's what I would go for.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
After awhile of standing, time would start to go faster. If it got to the point that everything seemed a daze and you didn't know what was up, what was down, what was what, I'd jump. Or you could just jack off for 80 years.....

Yeah, I might stay if I was granted unlimited masturbation powers....And unlimited BBQ wings.
I doubt anyone can make a rational non-religious-based argument for not staying. Even if boredom is the bane of your existence, infinite pain can take the form of infinite boredom, if that's your worst nightmare. Even if the prize was simply not to be in eternal pain, I'd stay for an eternity. The choice is too simple. If you make one side be the worst thing imaginable, and the other is anything else, people are going to take the 'anything else'.