okay, so im watching george harrison's concert for bangladesh right now, its on tv.

heres my question, at around 50 mins in (may be dif. on the dvd cuz i dont know if the tv version is cut down in length), wut is that instrument that the paki guy is playing. it has a massive neck, looks like 4 big tuning pegs at the headstock, and tuning pegs running all the down one side of the neck, the neck is really wide like an 8 string bass (the ones without octave strings, and it appears to be wider as it gets closer to the headstock. can anyone tell me what the hell this thing is.
Swag

Schecter Blackjack C-1/C-7
Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
so ur tellin me that our beloved izzy stradlin played one of those huge ****ers on pretty tied up, i can just picture that, izzy holding a huge ass sitar
Swag

Schecter Blackjack C-1/C-7
Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
The 'paki'? You racist piece of shit. Don't post that kind of stuff here.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by SuperDuperSlash
so ur tellin me that our beloved izzy stradlin played one of those huge ****ers on pretty tied up, i can just picture that, izzy holding a huge ass sitar

Yeah.
He played it on 'Pretty Tied Up' by Guns n' Roses. He played it and sounded, and probably looked badass. It takes so much time to learn how to play one of those bastards too.

Dinkydaisy is right. Can't you have put it in a less insulting manner SuperDuperSlash?
Last edited by Saintsatan at Mar 11, 2007,
Get off my internet, hate-mongering scum! It's people like you who I'd quite readily smack half their teeth out.
Quote by paintITblack39
It's a sitar.

It's funny though, I'm the only "Paki" here and I'm not even offended

Yeh well it's still racist and someone else may take offence to it, and the threadstarter is a bastard for sayin paki where he doesn't know anybody, and don't forget a visitor may be viewing the forums and that couls put him/her off the whole website so DONT MAKE RACIST COMMENTS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, it's a sitar :P
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by paintITblack39
It's a sitar.

It's funny though, I'm the only "Paki" here and I'm not even offended

The term is derogatory, and so when people use it, I get pissed off at it. You may not be personally offended, but when people use these terms and start hate crimes then it gets serious.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
The term is derogatory, and so when people use it, I get pissed off at it. You may not be personally offended, but when people use these terms and start hate crimes then it gets serious.

I'm not racist per se, but i find racism jokes funny...even ones against whites i find amusing *trying not to generalise caucasian people and failing*. But that doesnt make ME racist does it? I mean, if he isnt offended personally, then i agree, it doesnt make it alright, but it does show that he, like many others i assume, arent going to want to gut us and hang us from the ceiling

and yes, as many have said before, its a Sitar
Quote by Slinov
I'm not racist per se, but i find racism jokes funny...even ones against whites i find amusing *trying not to generalise caucasian people and failing*. But that doesnt make ME racist does it? I mean, if he isnt offended personally, then i agree, it doesnt make it alright, but it does show that he, like many others i assume, arent going to want to gut us and hang us from the ceiling

and yes, as many have said before, its a Sitar

I'm not ranting about jokes, because they're just that. Jokes. It's ignorant bastards who use derogatory terms and seemingly don't see why people would be offended. Just because one person the term could apply to says they're not offended, that doesn't mean nobody else would be.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
I'm not ranting about jokes, because they're just that. Jokes. It's ignorant bastards who use derogatory terms and seemingly don't see why people would be offended. Just because one person the term could apply to says they're not offended, that doesn't mean nobody else would be.

Surely calling someone a, "paki" (short for Pakistani (sp?)) is the same as calling someone British a "Brit"? Although i suppose it depends entirely on the tone and context.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
*closed* to avoid further arguments, i do find the term 'paki' a slur however i do not think the threadstarter was being racist, still it's not a nice thing to say and i would like it to be avoided in future
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)