yeah so here's a bit of a mod gone wrong thing-if UG has an award for "worst guitar mod" i might actually win. basically it's an lp copy with an ibanez style neck and a crappy bigsby which i shall get replaced with a stop tailpeice someday.

sry bout the crappy photo, my camera has a really hard time focusing for sum reason.

it actually sounds pretty gd- but then again it duz av my favorite p/u in it. Not much low end tho, although u would say that bout ne thing if u owned a mverick X-1.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Hey man, that really dont look too bad. I think that'll look quite nice when it's finished actually.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
yeah that's what i think but u see that bit of natural round the p/u? that' where sum idiot cut down the carved top to fit a p/u in! so yeah ill have to put sum filler in and ill also have to sand down the rest of the filler on the body. but i suppose it could look gd and evem if i do say so myself, i think the idea of an ibanez neck on an lp is really gd.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
It's not that bad
Sand down all the paint and the paint it properly with help from all the previous threads and that will be a fantastic beast!
i'm prolly gonna sand it down, put sum filler on it, and that down smooth and get it painted by sum1 who knows wtf they're doin.
EH

What colour/(colour scheme) are you gonna go for?
(\__/)
dunno, prolly solid tho 'cos i don't want ppl seein all the filler.
EH

Quote by eddiehimself
dunno, prolly solid tho 'cos i don't want ppl seein all the filler.

lol yeah.

I do really like that the more I look at it.
Good luck tryin' to play the 24th fret though
(\__/)
I wouldn't say it's crap, but I have shat better things then that guitar.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
it's actually pretty easy to play the 24th fret, surprisingly.

i woz thinkin of paintin it black, satin black with black hardware and defo black headstock aswell

and trust me, this thing is better then a line 6 amp.
EH

who said i wasn't good already!? (i own 2 other "actual" guitars btw) but yeah that would be a fun idea, ill have to change the tailpeice tho 'cos the low Bb string keeps coming out of the bridge.
EH

Quote by eddiehimself
who said i wasn't good already!? (i own 2 other "actual" guitars btw) but yeah that would be a fun idea, ill have to change the tailpeice tho 'cos the low Bb string keeps coming out of the bridge.

Wow, someone's been feeding his ego. He didn't say you weren't good, he said when you get REAL good. Meaning, at least 10x as good as you are now.

I actually think that looks decent. You could try deepening that lower cutaway to get some decent upper register access.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
that woz a jk i'm not that gd really! I'm a bit worried about cutting up the body cod i might compromise the neck joint, although i have glued AND bolted it in.
EH

I like it. Are you putting a neck pup in or leaving the cavity or filling the cavity?

I like the little cutaway at the top. Not sure about the Ibanez headstock though..

I like the 'squares' paintjob on the headstock though. Do that across the whole guitar.
i woz planning on puttin a p90 in the neck, 'cos that's prolly the only thing that'll fit. I did that once with a permanent marker but it wasn't so gd, i would have to use 2 solid colors for the squares idea if i wanted to do that.
EH

I find myself liking the look of that.
I have absolutely no idea as to why.

Don't change it.
Keep it like that.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
You should learn to speak the English language before you learn to modify your guitar.
Quote by eddiehimself
that woz a jk i'm not that gd really! I'm a bit worried about cutting up the body cod i might compromise the neck joint, although i have glued AND bolted it in.

I'm sorry, I'm being a bit of a bitch today.

You glued it AND you bolted it? Yehaw.

Just do it carefully... You don't need to cut it per se, just sand it a lot.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Seriously, that's a sexy banger geetar. Don't change. Make it FEEL and SOUND as good as possible, but don't make it pretty. Think of it as being married to a cute and intelligent girl with prosthetic legs.

Also, LEGO railway FTW!
Every time I check the posts on this thread, I feel like reaching out for some 220 grit sandpaper and a sanding block so I can start sanding it down to bare wood.

I suspect it's not just me. That scrappy-looking guitar will make an awesome project. Reminds me of Sell It Fast or some house remodeling show where house flippers buy some rathole and make it beautiful again.

Put a Maple veneer and do it in Transparent Red or Black! You know you want to.

Bwah, my eyes hurt from the abuse of the English language!
Anyway, nice guitar.
Quote by Snorglorf
You should learn to speak the English language before you learn to modify your guitar.

Quote by MrDelirious
Bwah, my eyes hurt from the abuse of the English language!

As i have mentioned before on many occasions, i could type my English out properly like this, however i simply cannot be arsed.

i'm just thinkin to myself- should i paint it and make it look nice, or keep it as is and make it really playable?
EH

Quote by eddiehimself
As I have mentioned before on many occasions, I could type my English out properly like this, however I simply cannot be arsed.

Quote by slashnmash

Damn! Thought I missed something!
EH

Quote by eddiehimself

You're talking about a LOW Bb string on a regular scaled guitar?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
standard scale but not standard srings, they're 13-58's, it works rather well actually, yeah 'cos i use this for low tuning. BbFBbEbAC i think summt like that neways. That's why it has a 20k p/u innit :-)
EH

Well, it's different I'll give you that. I like the Lego controller on the floor
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.