Well I currently have £65 but I'm uncertain as to what I wish to spend my money on.

I'm considering either a Boss DD-3 or a Boss GE-7, then with whatever money I have left over I'll buy some better patch cables.

but which would be more of an essential purchase?

My current gear is: Ibanez S470, Roland Cube 60, Boss DS-2, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, Dunlop Wah and Behringer EQ700.

I'm not interested in saving for a new amp just yet so please don't suggest that.

so which would be best? Upgrading my crappy Behringer EQ or expanding the currently limited delay options I have on my Cube 60?
Last edited by matt bickerton at Mar 11, 2007,
You probably don't want to hear this, but don't buy a pedal and save up for a better amp instead. (Out of those two choices, EQ).

EDIT:
Oh, you really didn't want to hear that.
I'd go with the delay pedal, then i would set your reverb/delay on your amp to reverb. Oh and pm sent
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by mr_hankey
You probably don't want to hear this, but don't buy a pedal and save up for a better amp instead. (Out of those two choices, EQ).

EDIT:
Oh, you really didn't want to hear that.

Yeah it's just I only got the cube recently so I'm not really looking for another amp, but I'm eventually gonna save for a Marshall DSL401 (assuming I like it when I try it)

Quote by Pete Griffin
I'd go with the delay pedal, then i would set your reverb/delay on your amp to reverb. Oh and pm sent

yeah I was thinking of going with the delay pedal, when I've got distortion turned on I can't really notice the delay on the cube. And also thanks a lot for the PM, you've been a big help.

I'll let you know how I get on
Depends what you REALLY want.

I say get an EQ pedal because you can seriously mess with a lot of stuff; make your leads show off more and all of that.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Buy some lessons. You'll like them better in the long run.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
since you cant buy a better amp, i would go with the eq. its much more useful than most people would give it credit for. not only can you fix week spots in your sound, but you can also make so interesting tones with it.
what the **** are you taalking about? An EQ pedal won't work well with a cube? An EQ pedal will work wih any amp. Do you even know what an EQ does?
id go for EQ, ive got the boss ge-7 and its one of my favourite pedals, never off, seems boring compared to the delay but it makes a bigger difference than youd imagine
ive never tried a behringer eq but if its like any of their other gear its probably worth it.

has anyone compared?
id go for the delay..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

a fish and chips is a really good eqaulizer. one of the only danelectro pedals worth buying. nice and transparent
Quote by avalanche930
a fish and chips is a really good eqaulizer. one of the only danelectro pedals worth buying. nice and transparent

a lot cheaper than the boss too
MXR 10 band EQ FTW.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Acoustica85
ive never tried a behringer eq but if its like any of their other gear its probably worth it.

has anyone compared?

How many bands does your current eq have?
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by avalanche930

Does that work well? I was really looking into getting that since I'm just a beginner and I need a pedal.
Natural Blonde w/ Black pickguard Squier Affinity Telecaster
Epiphone Slingshot 25R Amplifier
Dunlop Tortex .5mm Picks - Red
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Danelectro Fab Chrous Pedal
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah Pedal
so the fish 'n' chips is definately a worthy upgrade? it'll be just as good as the boss?

cause if I get that I might be able to get a DD-3 ASWELL (used, of course)
I say delay. EQs only use is as a solo boost, because otherwise you don't need anymore than 3 bands.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by avalanche930
what the **** are you taalking about? An EQ pedal won't work well with a cube? An EQ pedal will work wih any amp. Do you even know what an EQ does?

Well, have YOU tried an EQ pedal with a Cube? 'Cause I have, and it didn't do very much difference to the sound at all, probably because it's a modelling amp and it lacks an effects loop. May vary between the different amp models though, but I found it only did much difference when put behind a distortion pedal.

And I'd still vote for delay.
Eq because it really changes your tone very much
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Delay.

You're really not playing music for money are you?

By the way, you've got a lot of pedals for an amp that won't take them in well. Hint, hint.
Sent from my iPad.