So, it's coming up to my 18th birthday soon and my parents/family are asking what I want. All I could really think of was a car, but without a job I'd have no way to pay for fuel, insurance, etc and I live pretty close to public transport.
Any idea's for a good present? Price limit is around $1000AU (plus a bit more if I put some of my money in).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
ask for a third world country...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Yeah, another Aussie! Ive been to a few 18ths, id just say parents give you the money and you buy a decent guitar and get some Jack Daniels and Jim Beam and just get off your face.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
Yeah, another Aussie! Ive been to a few 18ths, id just say parents give you the money and you buy a decent guitar and get some Jack Daniels and Jim Beam and just get off your face.

That's a LOT of alcohol
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yeah but with a decent guitar, say the guitars 800 dollars, get it second hand thats a 1600+ Aus dollar guitar, that leaves 200 for maybe 5 bottles of 700 ml Jim Beam.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Yeah, cos im sure his parents will be real happy with THAT.
Quote by Vornik
You said you wanted a new guitar didn't you ?
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
I would get a new acoustic or something.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Dude I would ask for a thousand bux... Go out, see some over 18s gigs, whatever. $1000 will go a long way. Fuck, I wish i was 18. Are you still in school? Where in Aus are you from?
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
I always have a big "problem" with deciding what I want for my birthday and such, like I've already began what to think what I want for my birthday, I'm 17 this summer and if I don't start to think right now. I'll never figure it out.. Well, except for a new amp
Tell 'em you always wanted a pony . See what happends

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
I did want a new guitar, but my parents won't buy me one. I need to get my 4x12 finished first (I think I should turn it into two 2x12's though, I might have to think a bit about that). There's no point in having a new guitar/effects if I can't listen to it =)
Parents aren't big on giving money or alcohol, I've already asked....repeatedly
I'm thinking I should ask for a super toolkit + soldering stuff, etc so I can get started on building amps/pedals. That's an idea that might work...
You say a car is too much on insurance and fuel?

Motorbike my friend, motorbike.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by fronkpies
You say a car is too much on insurance and fuel?

Motorbike my friend, motorbike.

My motorbike riding skills < Britney Spears integrity.

And yes Teh Traineez0rz, I'm planning to start a business and do custom pedals. I'm gonna sell Kerry's too