Hey guys I'm looking for a good distortion pedal that gives me a lot of variety. I like to play stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N' Roses, Three Doors Down, Bowling For Soup, Buckcherry, and Matchbox 20 stuff. Price range doesn't really matter...I'll figure that out later thanks. Also what is a good phaser and what is a good equalizer?
what amp do u have?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Digitech Disortion Factory DF-7 will provide all the distortion you need to sound like those bands.
definately a Ibanez Tube screamer mate
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
Boss DS-1 or Boss MT-2 (metal zone) <--- don't be fooled by the name, you can get blues sound out of that thing
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
guys really. i doubt any of these pedals are suited for for this type of music.
and really, u need to know the amp first.

i mean the ts9 is good but might be too mild considering his amp.
the digitech and the boss seem all wrong and the ds1 isnt versatile at all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj, nice to meet you again. actually right now the amp i have (unfortunately) is a 15 watt Marshall practice amp but I am looking into getting a new amp probably either a marshall or fender and probably about 100-120 watts if I can find one for a decent price.
Boss DS-1 is nice, the sound can get a lil tinny, but its worth the price. If not, you can dish out a lil more and buy a Big Muff or a Metal Muff.
the guy that said metal zone is actually serious about iys versatility. i beleice warren haynes has been known to use one
Hm, well, I paid $50 for my Digitech Death Metal pedal. It's so badass. I use it on my half stack. Been using it for 3-4 years.

Or if you're one of those people who don't like Digitech, then get a Boss Metal Zone. Good stuff.

As for the EQ's, I'm looking around for one myself. I just might get the ten band EQ by MXR or the Boss Equalizer. Not sure, though.
I say the Boss OS-2. That one don't get pulled out very often. It has a pretty smooth overdrive and the distortion is wellll abit poppy I guess I would say. Kinda like Bush even Green Day and Nirvana probably. It's not everyones cup of tea. Hell it's not really mine but it is versatile enough to use the overdrive for G'n'R and the Chilli Peppers. The distortion might be a little light for those other bands though. But you might be able to add a little gain from your amp and get something a little more heavy,
marshall guvnor. phaser go try the EH small stone or the MXR phase 90. both dont do too much but are brilliant at what they do. not familiar with eq pedals i reckon the eq on the amp is enough though im not that pedantic about tone.
get those damn Bosses..... Metal Zone is great!
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
come on guys, get real, a boss metalzone or digitech deathmetal isnt gonna help him for the music that he plays.

For a start, whats your budget?

If you want a VERSATILE distortion/overdrive/clean tone from a pedal, get a Tech21 sansamp GT2. You can get a very pristine clean, bell like fender amp tones, to chuggy mesa hi gain stuff and everything in between with the GT2, and no its not digital.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers