I have a Netgear Switch which someone gave me, but they lost the power supply.

On the back of the device it says: 7.5v - 1.A

So what do I need? (I can't get the official Netgear one because it's too expensive in the UK) I found a multi power adapter that does 7.5v, but they do different versions of it. Some say 300ma, 500ma. I found one that says 1000ma. I think that's the one I need.

So, electronic gurus, please tell me what I need. Thanks.
Yep, 1000ma = 1A. You will need to check the polarity on the connector coming out of the adapter though; some have positive in the centre, negative on the outside, others have positive on the outside and negative in the centre. Also I presume that the switch needs DC volts and the adapter puts out DC volts?
Quote by gpel
Yep, 1000ma = 1A. You will need to check the polarity on the connector coming out of the adapter though; some have positive in the centre, negative on the outside, others have positive on the outside and negative in the centre. Also I presume that the switch needs DC volts and the adapter puts out DC volts?

Just what I needed confirming thanks. The polarity isn't an issue because on the multi adapter you can change them, which is useful. Yes the switch needs DC supply.

Thanks again.