Page 4 of 6
Quote by Deplorable
So the Stockholm bootleg is fairly amazing thus far.

Lost Locust Star and Under the Surface?

yes plz.

plus the sound is very tight
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
This may be a dumb question- On which songs does Von Till do the vocals (mid-period stuff)?
Quote by Awfulplayer
This may be a dumb question- On which songs does Von Till do the vocals (mid-period stuff)?

every album ? most songs ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
every album ? most songs ?

^I was just wondering because the vocals changed once they started working with Steve Albini.
I wasn't trying to be an ass, I'm just sayin', if you really wanted to know, you'd have to listen to all their songs on most of their albums. Most of the credits for the albums just include Von Till as "guitar, vocals"
Quote by illuminatiano
I wasn't trying to be an ass, I'm just sayin', if you really wanted to know, you'd have to listen to all their songs on most of their albums. Most of the credits for the albums just include Von Till as "guitar, vocals"

Didn't cross my mind at all. On the subject, I keep listening, but can't figure out if it's Von Till or Kelly doing the vocals. Edwardson's vocals are very distinct, and haven't changed at all. I'm just wondering if Kelly handled the vocals on their mid 90's stuff, and changed his approach and delivery when Albini started working with them, or if he just started doing more of the vocals starting with 'Times of Grace'.
oh shiitt niggas neurosis are tourin the west coast

December 30 – Seattle, WA @ Neumos
December 31 – Seattle, WA @ Neumos
January 15 – San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall
January 16 – San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall

you guys are asses, neurosis on new years eve
I will most definitlely be flying out to San Fran to see one of those shows. Or maybe both.
If they don't visit The Netherlands soon I will go insane.

Oh wait, I already have.

muhjfbsdkjhgbnsdljghsd,gsl;knknsfjk.bsgf.kjsgkd.
Quote by The_Casinator
If they don't visit The Netherlands soon I will go insane.

Oh wait, I already have.

muhjfbsdkjhgbnsdljghsd,gsl;knknsfjk.bsgf.kjsgkd.

Aren't they over on your side of the pond pretty much every summer?
Quote by Awfulplayer
Aren't they over on your side of the pond pretty much every summer?

Not this year, and I missed last year too.
Von til did most of gttr vocal wise, and the intro on the tide from stns is til. Kelly did lots of tog and tsib. Hope that helps bro
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
Von til did most of gttr vocal wise, and the intro on the tide from stns is til. Kelly did lots of tog and tsib. Hope that helps bro

when do you get off work?
I saw Neurosis in a festival setting... didn't suit them at all and thus I'd like to see them again, though it was already beyond mesmerizing
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

In math class doing rational pplynomials. Get out at 4, then I have a party to attend after some tennis. Did you see mein video I posted? I did do some work featuring Eb major
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
In math class doing rational pplynomials. Get out at 4, then I have a party to attend after some tennis. Did you see mein video I posted? I did do some work featuring Eb major

Yuus I saw it. I recorded myself playing some mono and gy!be so you can see the decent clean tone I can get (although the camera is shite but whatever).
The Eye of Every Storm.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Try Falling Unknown. Not really like Mastodon but also not really like any music ive ever heard
isn't that a sample from Souls At Zero ? Where is that from ?

Anyhow, listened through Times of Grace today, fantastic album.
That live vid was awesome, wonder where it was from.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
They're playing a show in Italy with Rosetta and Intronaut I think, but that's all I know.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Maybe dating sites won't be the best place to look for answers.

As far as I know they haven't announced a tour yet, but some insider said that they might be joining Mastodon in their Europe tour this summer.
So this guy from this place offered this analysis of Through Silver in Blood:
With Neurosis' fifth full-length we reach a rarefied plateau. Even the magnificent 'Enemy of the Sun,' which perhaps contains the band's most poignant material, and the contemplative and revitalising wisdom of 'A Sun that Never Sets' - immensely major works by any other artist - seem distant compared to what is unfolded here. Today a glut of pale imitators ape this band's style but terminally lack its vision, which here surpasses Pink Floyd and moves towards realms explored by poets such as T.S. Eliot. All that was excluded in the memorable opening line from 'Lost,' beginning Neurosis' previous album - "My eyes were jaded; so close to the centre they could not see" -, is here revealed. And what can measure up to it? Neurosis do not seek revivalism, or transparent nationalised identity but rather offer a transcendent mythology of reality, as it is – now - breathing the religious back into the secular.

The almost unbearable demand this music places upon its audience calls for the dissolution of the listener's subjectivity, such that he is no longer a subject listening and interpreting the objective sound of music, but rather becomes bound up in the ritualistic ambience of the work, which in turn discloses his subjectivity as a vector for its world-founding potential. And what a world we are called to inhabit. It is impossible to overstate the titanic force, the immense sonorous weight and violent, cataclysmic power of these pieces; a transformative strength unifies their constituent parts into a radically forceful statement of truth. Perhaps only in Gorguts' Obscura can we find a parallel for the searing intensity of vision and the fusion of mythology, Eastern religion and heavy guitar music; though here we find not just Eastern influences but a dark reinterpretation of Christian scripture.

Through silver in blood,
We stand judged not by
Eyes of flesh.

Bleeding one
Bleed alone

Don't crawl, seek his burn of war
When the fallout comes he is fire

Religious and apocalyptic imagery combine with a reading of Christ's crucifixion that melds the 'Book of Revelation' with nuclear holocaust. The sensibility underlying this landscape is, as mentioned, closest to Eliot (and the anxiety of influence is massively prevalent), pregnant as it is with an eschatological, messianic expectancy. Here this desperate waiting is answered not with a Vedic benediction but a waste land of nuclear Armageddon. "We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, unconsciously signalling that we intended likewise to transform the world not only after the light but after the darkness." God is celebrated as death, destroyer of worlds; the nuclear detonation as a marriage of heaven and hell, a place where the mechanised is fused with the metaphysical in a sonorous sound-scape of catharsis, destruction and rebirth and where spirit and matter collide and are conjoined. Rarely becoming explicit, the mythologised narrative that structures this work imbues our secular logos with an enlivening mythos, bursting with metaphoric, structuring potential.

Neurosis achieve the remarkable by discovering an authentically ritualistic tapestry that escapes contamination by stylised "exotic" or "tribal" aesthetics, calling the listener into a celebration of the beckoning end by giving birth to genuine mythology of modernity. We are called to take stock of what we have done, and what we are racing to achieve and yes, Datta, what we have given?'

Blazing eye sees all
Nature of fiery triumph
Patterns unfold

Fetal buried gold
Humbled in the womb
A centre opens
To the unknown

The patterns of history unfold; the Kali Yuga and the Ginnungagap, the end of a Vichian ricorso. The thrust of 'Through Silver in Blood' is to reinscribe the mytheme in culture by sanctifying a new kind of religious discourse that reinterprets religious thinking in the light of a sacred "void"; the 'centre' of the 'unknown' 'womb'. Preserving and reinterpreting the spiritual in light of the nihilistic spiritualises nothingness itself, and calls forth the structuring patterns of divinity from the very seat of God's absence, offering a radically apophatic (a)theology, closest to Eastern thinking. Without irony or revivalism, new hope is thus presented through a blasphemous yet transformatively sensitive reading of scripture for a unified understanding of life - and what else can scripture hope for?

Rise - shining blank
Scars burn way down
It parts ways of the
Serpent view - cast
Stones where to stop
Calling you - they all
Lower me to the ground
Stick him - they all
Lower me to the soil
Stick him

Star - reign down
On you

You'll starve
Bright star in the
Dripping sun
Writhe on - saints
Steal from your actions
Step in right on it's
Function - stick him

Star - reign down
On you

You all lower me
Christ's shine blinds
Your world
Your belief is scars

The will to power
Ascension manifest
That which is above
Is as that which is below
Thy will be done
Thy kingdom come
On earth as it is in heaven
So mote it be

'Locust Star' is the heart of this album, presenting an obscure take on the crucifixion, possibly narrated from the position of the Antichrist, giving a Nietzschean reading of Christianity by proclaiming that the Passion, as the central event of the Christian faith, founds a belief in mere "scars." Interestingly the "stick him" interjection, referring to an injunction to nail Christ, is curiously ambiguous, seemingly addressed to the very followers of the Christian faith, as if suggesting that Christians have somehow themselves crucified Christ. The album title is given meaning as the nails that "blind your world" by piercing divine flesh, though silver in blood. Concluding with a revelation of titanic force, Neurosis stage the transvaluation of values with a violent restatement of the 'Lord's Prayer' voiced by the emergent growl of Dave Edwardson.

'Aeon' explores the range of dynamic sensitivity present here, building from an uneasy and hauntingly child-like music-box motif through a dirgeful lament that opens into a transcendent and world shaking organ section, staging the very earth erupting in response to the relentless, trancelike drumming, before fading into a string lament. This transition from airy fragility to foundational upheaval revolutionised the stylistic potential of this idiom, pushing the genre into unbroached realms with its immense artistic force. A similar moment is found in the conclusion of 'Purify;' one of several 'openings' in this work that point towards the transcendent; an eirenic and breathtaking theme that would be restated on "Times of Grace."

The final act of Through Silver in Blood is a petition, set against a titanic riff, for the dissolution of the self, 'silently praying for enclosure within the flame of origin.' The band structure the unfolding of a new narrative from amidst the very wreckage of modernity, staging a conflict between matter and spirit, resulting in their ultimate fusion. In remotivating the question of mythology and staging the dissolution of the Cartesian subject against the background of an apocalyptic waste land - a barren realm in which the sonorous whine of sirens, and screams of industrial machinery battle with ethereal beckonings - Neurosis create a work that might be called authentically religious, or at least provide genuine effusion of spirit. It is this dissolution of individuality that makes this album unlistenable for many, and harrowing and captivating for those who dare to reverse the the fundamental gesture of modernity, replacing detached, egotistical individuality with mythic whole.

I didn't agree with him and I don't like this band, but I thought I might as well share it.
Last edited by NotFromANUS at Apr 27, 2011,
found the ANUS thread where it was originally posted, comments made me rofl :

"I was forced to listen to this album and another by them, the name of which escapes me. The other album was just crap. This album was listenable but I didn't find anything in it that you describe. This album felt like it was trying desperately to say something, but could never quite articulate a coherent idea. I would suggest that you may have been looking for something in this record and therefore saw something that wasn't really there. "

There really is no limit to pretentiousness.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Apr 27, 2011,