Page 5 of 6
Quite an impressive review I must say. While not as ritualistic as black metal, or misanthropic as godflesh, the melding of the two isn't wholly terrible.

Post (or pm if you prefer) the source, I'm interested in the origins of this
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by illuminatiano
8=========D<========|

So you're not a fan either. Regardless, I expected more from you, illuminationafonaf

*edit:
Quote by progbass
Quite an impressive review I must say. While not as ritualistic as black metal, or misanthropic as godflesh, the melding of the two isn't wholly terrible.

Post (or pm if you prefer) the source, I'm interested in the origins of this

Lucio Fulci found the source, so it shouldn't be that difficult to trace... if you've got the skillzZz xXxhaxxorzxXx

*edit 2:
Here's a clue: go here
Last edited by NotFromANUS at Apr 27, 2011,
Rather than trouble myself on my phone, may I just ask who penned the article? I'm curious to see if it was one of the more respected members.

Also, the other album you listened to was 'Enemy of the Sun' if I recall correctly
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
Rather than trouble myself on my phone, may I just ask who penned the article? I'm curious to see if it was one of the more respected members.

I edited my post with the link.

Also, the other album you listened to was 'Enemy of the Sun' if I recall correctly

Wait, what do I have to do with this?
Quote by NotFromANUS
So you're not a fan either. Regardless, I expected more from you, illuminationafonaf

*edit:

Lucio Fulci found the source, so it shouldn't be that difficult to trace... if you've got the skillzZz xXxhaxxorzxXx

*edit 2:
Here's a clue: go here

Please, I must implore that you do not point at my urethra in such a manner, it is quite sensitive to the touch, unlike you circumsized homosexual anus american scum with softened nerves.

Also, I love Neurosis.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
Please, I must implore that you do not point at my urethra in such a manner, it is quite sensitive to the touch, unlike you circumsized homosexual anus american scum with softened nerves.

Also, I love Neurosis.

I heard Neurosises's earlier material was more akin to hardcore than their mid to later stuff. Is this true, and what are your thoughts on it?
It's more akin to crossover thrash than hardcore for one thing, but I have very little knowledge regarding both of those genres in the first place, so can't really say much. I do enjoy Word As Law though.
Quote by NotFromANUS
I heard Neurosises's earlier material was more akin to hardcore than their mid to later stuff. Is this true, and what are your thoughts on it?

Truth.

It's comparable to their later stuff...not bad, but there is others who do it better. Worth a listen regardless
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by NotFromANUS
So this guy from this place offered this analysis of Through Silver in Blood:

I didn't agree with him and I don't like this band, but I thought I might as well share it.

I was pretty much gagging throughout that entire thing
‎Steve Von Till: "Home from Chicago....Neurosis album is mixed!"

ohhhh shieeeeeet !
Quote by BenRaah
Awesome news

Hopefully the new Swans will be done this year too

It's already done recorded. It's gonna be a double album
I wonder if the artwork is done or if we'll have to wait another 6 months or more for it to come out. Awesome news, nonetheless.
Apologies if I sound like a noob, I started listening to Neurosis recently and don't know where to start album-wise, can anyone recommend anything?
Souls at Zero
Enemy of the Sun
Through Silver in Blood
Times of Grace / Grace

Those albums. In that order.
HESSIAN HAREM
Oh my.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by BenRaah

This will be incredible

Hellooooooooooooo
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by BenRaah

This will be incredible

I can't see the image, but the address says something about a festival.

I was hoping this was a new album bump
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by BenRaah

This will be incredible

Lucky bastards.

Also, albums out October 30th for those who didn't know.
Last edited by goest at Sep 5, 2012,
Quote by palm mute
I can't see the image, but the address says something about a festival.

I was hoping this was a new album bump

It's a poster for Neurosis with Godflesh in London.
I want a track length for "Raise the Dawn" because that looks like it is going to be an awesome track
In my heart I'm with you

every night
This is a band I've been meaning to give another try but have neglected to do so. I'll try to do that in the near future. I must be missing something, because so many sources seem to confirm that there is notable merit to this act.

Slightly off topic: It's kind of embarrassing to look back at my previous posts in this thread, which were clearly made under the influence. I had almost forgotten my nail-dick shenanigans.
Through Silver In Blood is the album you would want to revisit if any. It's not top tier, but there is.some great material there.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
Through Silver In Blood is the album you would want to revisit if any. It's not top tier, but there is.some great material there.

I tried listening to this again earlier today and just couldn't. It just seemed to kind of stay in place, so I found myself only half listening.

You say yourself it isn't top tier, and as time passes I find myself only raising my standards. My collection of albums to which I listen now fits in a shoe box. ...literally, I keep them in a shoe box.
You really have to make yourself listen to Neurosis to first get into them. Their accessibility level is just shy of 0.
Through Silver In Blood was my first Neurosis album and I feel like it took me forever to get properly into.
Quote by goest
You really have to make yourself listen to Neurosis to first get into them. Their accessibility level is just shy of 0.

Quote by BenRaah
Through Silver In Blood was my first Neurosis album and I feel like it took me forever to get properly into.

I really just can't get into this stuff. This is extremely unusual for me. Inaccessibility has never actually been a problem for me before this.

I will admit that after attempting to really listen to this again that I found their was more going on with the music than I previously gave credit. It does not "stay in place" as I had suggested. It is fairly monotonous, though. I can honestly say this is the first time I just don't get it.
Honor was leaked. Sounds awesome, plenty of great moments throughout. My Heart For Deliverance is just incredible.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
haven't listened to it yet, still wayyy into the new converge and flying lotus to listen to anything else
Yeah new Converge and Flylo rule hard

I still need to let Honor Found in Decay sink in more before I form an opinion on it. Some of the tracks are really great though
Haven't listened yet either... might just wait until it comes out and get the CD. New Flying Lotus is superb though.
Finally got the new album today. It's expansive like The Eye of Every Storm, but with some of the grit of Given To The Rising. I like it a lot.
Downloading "Through Silver In Blood" now. Any recommendations on what album I should look into next week (when I have the money to buy a new one)?

Edit:
How is their newest album, in comparison to "Through Silver In Blood"?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Downloading "Through Silver In Blood" now. Any recommendations on what album I should look into next week (when I have the money to buy a new one)?

Edit:
How is their newest album, in comparison to "Through Silver In Blood"?

Times of Grace

They are different forms of this band, both are good in their own ways.
In my heart I'm with you

every night