ok so i might sound like an idiot but bare in mind i just got my first guitar on tue. ok so i got my guitar its a esp viper-50 and peavey blazer 158 amp can you give any tuning tips or help so it can sound more rock like. I have a Boss mt-2 pedal which helps but it makes it kind of too dirty. I'm out of money and this is just breaking the spirit .....thanks in advance
does the amp have its own distortion? if not try increasing the gain, that should give it a bit of overdrive. (that is, if you aren't using the pedal)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
You could tune everything half a step lower. There's a thread on tunings in the Guitar and Bass Basics section.
drop D tuning is what a lot of songs are tuned to, then theres drop C also.
my thing doesnt have gain whats te other word for it and i alternate settings and it just never sounds great
Drop D-just tune low E string to D (down one step)
DropC-tune everything down one step then tune the low D to C
That's about all I do.
Lower the treble and add more mids if it sounds too dirty.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
i used to own that amp and it has pre gain and shit like that if you turn the pre gain to 3oclock and then the post gain down to like 9 o clock it should sound good and then theres the switch that you can push up for cleans and down for distortion
Quote by REBELCHIC
Drop D-just tune low E string to D (down one step)
DropC-tune everything down one step then tune the low D to C
That's about all I do.
Not to sound too needy but i am very new could u explain this step by exact step thanks guys.
Last edited by andapaul at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by andapaul
Not to sound too needy but i am very new could u explain this step by exact step thanks guys.

There's a tuning thread that tells you what to do....I'm a fan of Drop C and B though.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by andapaul

Sure,
idk how much you know so i'll start with this...
the strings in standard tuning are from low to high, E A D G B e.
if you want drop D u take the low E and and tune it down 1 step or to low D...and that's Drop D...
if you want Drop C u just tune everything down so it's D G C F A d...then take the low D and tune it down to low C, so it's C G C F A d...
Hope I helped,