Ok, i'm looking for a good OD pedal to use with my AC30. I would like something with a nice amount of sustain that could do Satriani type tones aswell as punk when coupled with the OD on my amp...any suggestions?

EDIT: oh ya, i have tried a TS9 and really liked it but i think it just needs that little bit more gain...also i was thinking of a Digitech Bad Monkey
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I have both the Tubescreamer and the Bad Monkey. I don't really care much for the Bad Monkey's tone, but that's just me. I recently modded the Tubescreamer to 808 specs and I like the sound I'm getting. If you can bring your amp to the store you're buying from and try both pedals. Or more pedals if you like. Tone is subjective, what sounds good to me may not be what you want.
Quote by steven seagull
TS9 + EQ pedal?

Why an EQ pedal?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
More control over the "shape" of the distortion, and also it'll boost the signal further.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
HBE power screamer? the fat boost model?

http://www.homebrewelectronics.com/products.htm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have owned over a dozen different OD's, most of them boutique and have found what I beleive to be the ulitimate overdrive. The LovePedal Eternity, I can't say enough abou this stomp so I won't. Except to say I have two on my board at all times and I have a third as a back-up incase one dies. In the link there are several sound clips and even those don't show all of the versitility of this pedal.

http://www.lovepedal.com/eternitysquare.htm
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Last edited by Molsons Golden at Mar 11, 2007,
^ listen to molson, he knows his stuff.

I've never seen one of those anywhere, unfortunately. Didn't they stop making them (or taking new orders?) for a while?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TS-9 is good, but like you said, it'd be perfect if it had a touch more gain. Which is why the Maxon OD-9 is ftw! A touch more gain than the TS-9, basically the exact same specs as the tubescreamer, and overall better tone than the tubescreamer imo.

Go to that link and click on the play flash sound samples (all are recorded using a Fender strat and amp) - http://www.maxonfx.com/9/od9/
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
How about a Rangemaster clone, for that Rory Gallagher / Brian May sound?
You are right Dave,. He did stop taking orders for a while. That was was in between my 2nd and 3rd, something changed kinda but I don't know what. He puts a goob of goop over the guts so no-one tries to rip off his work. It still sounds mint but I am a tone chaser.

Rock on Brother,
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?