My gear is in my sig, I'll be using my Les Paul.

I'm having trouble getting a good Cream tone for an upcoming show, I'm aiming for something along the lines of White Room, or Sunshine of your Love.

Does anyone have any tips for my amp/guitar settings?

I do have a wah, it's just not listed.

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Crank the amp, loads of midrange, neck pickup and roll the guitar tone off a bit...that's "woman tone". I wouldn't use the Muff, or if you do have the gain way down.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I always thought that Clapton's Women Tone was the neck pickup on his Strat with the tone rolled down all the way and his wah set towards the bass end....I could be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.
EDIT: This is where I remember reading that info: http://www.whereseric.com/ecfaq/guitars-amps/woman-tone.html it's not much, but I hope it helps.
Last edited by chuck953688 at Mar 11, 2007,
Yeah, I have a video of eric saying it's the bridge pickup with the tone all the way off...

But what about the normal rhythm tone? The solo's seem to be easier to make sound right.

I will try turning the mids up some though...
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
With my strat I use all my setting on:

Treble - 8

Middle - 6

Bass - 6

and I use the neck/rythm pick up - Thats a good sound for sunshine of your love.

If you've got a guitar with two humbuckers use the same settings as above but select both pickups and roll the tone pickup of the neck pick all the way down to 0 - that is the woman tone which is used in outside women blue and SWLABR and the solo for I feel free.
Gear:

Squire Fat Stratocaster (Gotoh Pickups)
Marshall 50 DFX amplifier
Marshall Guv'nor II Distortion Pedal
Jim Dunlop Standard Cry Baby
Vintage VS6