the title really explains it,
im just look for recomendations, for pickups tuners,hardware, shit like that
and if u have one what have u done to yours?
What type of music do you play? If people know that, they can make better suggestions.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Pickups are the main ones I'd change Anything after that will make much smaller differences.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
You could get new pickups, maybe some Fender Custom Shop ones, lace sensors, guitarfetish, SD, Dimarzio.

New tuners- Schaller, Gotoh

New nut- bone, graphite

You could upgrade the electronics- new pots, caps, etc.

You could upgrade the bridge.

I'd probably go in that order too.
Yeah, after the pickups its mainly tuning stability that yu're after cos that tremolo on a strat could send it ot of tune if you knock it or like to use it, so a decent nut and tuners are definately good, and maybe an american strat bridge?
Locking Tuners, Graphtech Nut and Saddles, Lace Sensor Pickups, new pickguard and knobs etc.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
NONE, NADA, & ZIPPO!!! No matter how much money you spend on it, at the end of the day it's still a Mexican Strat. Upgrade to a MIA Strat and concentrate on your playing instead of upgrading.
Quote by Siciliano
NONE, NADA, & ZIPPO!!! No matter how much money you spend on it, at the end of the day it's still a Mexican Strat. Upgrade to a MIA Strat and concentrate on your playing instead of upgrading.

An American Strat isn't THAT much greater than a Mexican Strat. With a bit of sprucing, a MIM Strat could easily stand up to a MIA Strat.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Siciliano
Umm...no. Replace the stock pickups and that will make the biggest difference. If you put a good guitar player behind a MIM Strat with good pickups and a decent amp and tell Siciliano its a MIA, from a distance I'd bet he, and almost anyone else, wouldn't know the difference.
^You're insane!! An American Strat blows away a standard MIM strat anyday. I'm not comparing MIM strats to those ripoff Highway 1 Strats. I will agree that those are very similiar.
^And I'm not saying the MIM's are on the same level as the MIA's, but they are worth upgrading for sure if you can't afford a MIA. Like I said before, if you were to be in the back of a Clapton show and he was playing a MIM Strat with upgrades, I find it hard to believe you would be like "Wow he sounds like shit tonight", or "Hmm that sounds like a Mexican Strat".
MIM's are just MIA's with cheaper components, upgrade the components and you have a guitar on the same level, or atleast very close. The only inherent disadvantage to an MIM is that the body is made of more pieces, which doesn't make enough of a difference to say that they suck, especially after upgrades to the pickups and tuners and such.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
$400 MIM Strat
$125^ pickups
$75 locking tuners
$??? tuners, bridge, nut
$labor
It starts to add up and you should ask yourself: Why bother spending all this money to make it sound better? You could always buy a nice used American Regular Strat for less.
Or, if you are upgrading your strat to your own specs rather than to turn an MIM into an MIA, it's a lot cheaper to get an MIM and put in the parts you want instead of spending the extra money on the high quality parts in an MIA just to swap them out too. And, if you have an MIM as a beginner's or otherwise budget guitar, you can upgrade it to fit your needs and it will grow with you.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Why is it that many choose to mod MIM strats but very few mod standard Epiphones? The price difference between an EPi and Gibson is much greater than MIM Strat and American Strat.
^i myself are pretty satisfied with my epi lp classic

sure, it could use a pickup change...and it will get one eventually
but...yea...
right now, its pretty good

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I was wondering about the same thing for my MIM strat. Mine's an HSS, and I was thinking new pups and tuners. I already love the feel and tone, but i was just thinking it could be better...
My gear:
-Fender Jaguar HH
-Fender Fat Strat
-Guild GAD-G212
-Washburn D33S
-Vox AC30CC1 tube amp
-Vox 847 wah
-EH Big Muff
-EH Double Muff
-EH POG
-EH Small Clone
Quote by Siciliano
Why is it that many choose to mod MIM strats but very few mod standard Epiphones? The price difference between an EPi and Gibson is much greater than MIM Strat and American Strat.

Because an Epi is closer to a Gibson than a MIM is to a MIA.