Would like some opinions on this.
We have a very informal jam session after work on fridays. It's been a weekly occurance for about 6 years now.
There are 3-4 of us that are usually there and another 2-3 guys that show up fairly regular. (couple guitars & bass sometimes drums and keyboards)
Someone just throughs out a riff and we spend 5 - 10 minutes bludgeoning it to death and then someone else does the same until we are all pretty much dead.
Anyone is welcome to join in and we almost always have another 3-4 people showing up. Skill levels range from a guy that just bought his first guitar an hour before he showed (honest) to people that are professional touring musicians (again honest).
What drives me nuts tho are the people that I am going to call "parrots". They know 15-20 songs or maybe more but if you don't play one of those songs they are completley lost. And when they do play a song and everyone starts to jam along they quit and say "Thats not how it goes" and get mad. Now some of these guys can really play the shit out of the songs that they do know, but thats all they know.
So I guess what I'm asking is am I wrong if I tell these guys to learn how to play or else just drink your beer and leave your guitar at home?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
just teach 'em how to jam!

and where do you work that you jam afterwards?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
You should surgically attatch them to a pirate's shouldar and feed them nothing but crackers.

Or just call them Polly. All of them.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Doodleface
just teach 'em how to jam!

and where do you work that you jam afterwards?

Work on an airport
Big friggin hanger
No one around but us after 5pm
And the amps all go to 11

And yes we do teach them how to jam. Alot of nights its just one big classroom
but there are a few peeps that just don't get it
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.