does anyone know of a site/sheet/tab/anything that has a list of chords in drop c tuning, i want to throw some chords and clean/acousic parts in some hardcore songs. anyone have anyting on it would be great, thanks.
You've got the basic barre chords on the 5th string of course, only they sound 2 semitones lower. Also the open chords on the fifth and fourth strings (and third if there were any).

Edit: Name all chords 2 semitones lower. E.g. E becomes D, C becomes A#. And do you have guitar pro? you could tune the guitar to drop C tuning and look through that chord program it has.
Last edited by frankv at Mar 11, 2007,
String:Fret

6th 0
5th 0
4th 0
3rd 2
2nd 2
1st 0

This is a bar chord too (Cmaj7 9)

if you like remove the finger on the second string and let it be open (C 69)

thats what i can think of off the top of my head. remember that these are like E major open - shift it up and down the neck. The root is the 6th string

PM if you dont understand
All drop C is. is tuning your guitar two steps (I believe it's two...) down. So all the chords will sound the same, it's just they will be really low. If you do want some examples of bands that make good use of chords in Drop C try Queens of the Stone Age.

But if you're disappointed by the fact that you cant get that bright sound out of your chords tuned that low, then you shouldnt be tuned that low.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Just look for chords for drop D tuning, it's the exact same only a bit higher. And easier to find!
Quote by screamsoftly
All drop C is. is tuning your guitar two steps (I believe it's two...) down. So all the chords will sound the same, it's just they will be really low. If you do want some examples of bands that make good use of chords in Drop C try Queens of the Stone Age.

But if you're disappointed by the fact that you cant get that bright sound out of your chords tuned that low, then you shouldnt be tuned that low.

nah, mate its like drop D just 2 semitones down

so the chords are a bit different
Quote by metallinutter

6th 0
5th 0
4th 0
3rd 2
2nd 2
1st 0

This is a bar chord too (Cmaj7 9)

if you like remove the finger on the second string and let it be open (C 69)

thats what i can think of off the top of my head. remember that these are like E major open - shift it up and down the neck. The root is the 6th string

PM if you dont understand

that's pretty much all i've been using, but i was more looking for a like picture chord book, if anyone knoew of any. I've only been around music for a little more then a year and only have a practical knowlege of theroy so i cant really just make the chords on my own quite yet.
http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html to the left of the fretboard map you will see the notes of the strings and the + - signs next to them which you can use to change the tuning. choose whatever chord/scale you want and it will show you the note names or interval numbers on the fretboard.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Try some off these:

Chord:Eb6sus2 F7 Cm7#5/9 Cmaj7 Gm6 Em6/maj10

1 X 7 0 9 X 6
2 3 6 1 10 7 4
3 0 7 3 11 9 6
4 3 5 3 11 10 7
5 3 5 3 9 9 4
6 3 5 0 0 7 4

This should help you some lol. The Em6/maj10 chord is sorta of a stretch but it's worth it.

Godd luck!!!
Try some off these:

Chord:Eb6sus2|F7||Cm7#5/9|||Cmaj7|Gm6||Em6/maj10

1|||||||X|||||||||||7|||0|||||||||||||9||||||X|||||||6
2|||||||3|||||||||||6|||1||||||||||||10||||||7||||||4
3|||||||0|||||||||||7|||3||||||||||||11||||||9||||||6
4|||||||3|||||||||||5|||3||||||||||||11|||||10||||||7
5|||||||3|||||||||||5|||3|||||||||||||9|||||||9||||||4
6|||||||3|||||||||||5|||0|||||||||||||0|||||||7||||||4

This should help you some lol. The Em6/maj10 chord is sorta of a stretch but it's worth it.

Godd luck!!!