I'm building a 2x? cab to run my Orange Tiny Terror through. I primarily play blues, classic rock and little bits of brit rock, funk, jazz. As I will be spending my money on getting the amp, I don't want to be paying over £100 for the build. Could somebody please reccomend some speakers that could be suitable. Possibly 10" or 12", I want to be paying around £30 each for speakers.

Thanks.

Danny.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by warriorde52
celestian

... If there was some good speakers by them around £30 then I would. I wanted the Vintage 30s but they are too dear.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

eminence.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
the eminence ramrod is a little over 35 a peice, but i think it would be what your looking for. its a loud british voiced speaker with a lot of mids. 75 wats rms. 10"
don't skimp on the speakers, yeah. I hear eminence 10" are better than the celestion 10", though that's hearsay (hearsay from a good source).

You can get "good" 12" speakers around £35-£45 from eminence, celestions tend to be closer to £50... and are still made in china.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Legend, The Governor, The Wizard, or the Swamp Thang if you're looking for something more unique.
Seriously, if you don't know what speaker to get you could try... o idk.. their web site?

Eminence's Tone Guide
Eminence's Sound Clips

Celestion's Tone Selector

Or better yet, try a bunch of different cabs through your head, and find out which ones you like best, and then the speakers that they have. I'm sure people on here can recommend cheep cabs with the speakers you want in them.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
Seriously, if you don't know what speaker to get you could try... o idk.. their web site?

Eminence's Tone Guide
Eminence's Sound Clips

Celestion's Tone Selector

Or better yet, try a bunch of different cabs through your head, and find out which ones you like best, and then the speakers that they have. I'm sure people on here can recommend cheep cabs with the speakers you want in them.

Thanks for the links, I was basically asking really because people may have had good/bad experiences with them.

EDIT:

Eminence Patriot Series - Texas Heat 150W 12 inch 8 ohm

I'm looking at these, however, if I use 2, does that mean I will be have 300w speakers. I don't think my amp would take that would it?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by Lordoflax
Thanks for the links, I was basically asking really because people may have had good/bad experiences with them.

EDIT:

Eminence Patriot Series - Texas Heat 150W 12 inch 8 ohm

I'm looking at these, however, if I use 2, does that mean I will be have 300w speakers. I don't think my amp would take that would it?

np, wasn't tryin to be mean, just a lot of these have been posted lately, but your question is well founded

as far as your texas heat goes that a lot of power handling, there's a lil' text but even that one is 125w a piece, if i were you i'd pick a different speaker

you say you like blues, the cannibus rex speaker is a hemp cone which have different properties than a paper, you might be interested in that one

EDIT: spelling
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
^ what is the maximum wattage i'm looking for ? 50w each?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

The reason why I ask what wattage I use it because the orange website as so little information. And the only eminence speakers that seem to be 50w are either 10" or ones that don't suit my playing.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by TehJermie
Why does the speaker have to be 50w?

Thats the thing, I don't know what speaker wattage I can use because I don't no what the amp will take. I could do with somebody telling me.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

The tiny terror delivers a variable 15 or 7 tube watts. So pretty much any 12" on the market can handle it.
Last edited by TehJermie at Mar 11, 2007,
Quote by TehJermie
The tiny terror delivers 14 tube watts. So pretty much any 12" on the market can handle it.

15 watts.

But people above you said, that 300w was way too much so not really any. Do you think that 2x 75w would be safe?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Quote by Lordoflax
15 watts.

But people above you said, that 300w was way too much so not really any. Do you think that 2x 75w would be safe?

Corrected. 300 won't harm the amp. You just won't drive them too hard and you won't get any speaker distortion that some people like(I personally dislike it). At 15 watts, I think most 8"s could handle it.
I just want to be sure. Because I don't want to blow something up before I even play it. Would 75w per speaker be ok or too much?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

You can never have too many speakers watts. As long as you have as much(Preferably a bit more) than your amp delivers, you're fine.
I think you're problem is that your tiny terror is really designed for one speaker in mind, not a 2x10 or a 2x12.

I recommend you get the lowest wattage speakers that suite your style, like ones that are 50w a piece.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
I think you're problem is that your tiny terror is really designed for one speaker in mind, not a 2x10 or a 2x12.

I recommend you get the lowest wattage speakers that suite your style, like ones that are 50w a piece.

Thats generally all the 10"

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Sorry for the constant double posts but this speaker seems to suit the amp, 50w

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/menu/index.php?id=EMIREDPRIVA&product=Eminence_Red_Coat_Series_-_Private_Jack_50W_12!dquote!_8_ohm

Just a quick question. Should I have 2x 16ohms and wire them in parralel to get a 8 ohm load?

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/drdecibel/images/parallel.gif

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

I think there's some dubious info here...

basically, your amp puts out 15 watts. However, being tube, it might put out a little more when it starts to overdrive the power tubes. It's certainly not putting out any more than 30, though- probably less than 25. Also, most speaker makers realise this and conservatively rate their speakers anyway, so generally as long as the speaker(s) are rated for at least the same number of watts as your amp puts out, you're ok.

Also, if you're considering multiple speakers, say 2, the wattage from the amp is halved- 7.5 watts is going to each speaker, so each speaker only really needs to be able to handle 7.5 watts (say 10, just to be safe).

A wattage rating on a speaker means how many watts you can realistically put through it, from an amp, before the speaker blows. Impedance is what determines if it'll work with your amp.

Anyway, you CAN have too many watts in a speaker- it won't do your amp, or the speaker, any harm, but it can harm your tone- pushed speakers starting to break up/overdrive is a (generally considered) part of good tone. if you're running a 5 watt amp through a 300 watt speaker, it won't do any harm, but your tone probably isn't as good as it could be.

I'd have thought you want something rated between about 15 and 30 watts for the speaker (say 50-75 for eminence, I hear they break up earlier, and they don't have many low-rated speakers anyway).

the impedance doesn't really matter if your amp has multiple speaker outs rated at different impedences, you can just plug into whichever one it matches- though most amps have an 8 ohm, so two 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel would give 8 ohms, far as I'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ thanks for that info dave.

Sorry for asking again, but do you think these speakers will be ok? They are 12" 16ohm 50 watt. From what I can gather, they seem to suit my needs tone wise.

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/menu/index.php?id=EMIREDPRIVA&product=Eminence_Red_Coat_Series_-_Private_Jack_50W_12!dquote!_8_ohm

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^ the private jack is their version of a greenback, as far as I'm aware- it'll be good for the brit classic rock tones, not too sure about the others.

Best bet is to email eminence with the tones you want- there's an email address on the official eminence website ( www.eminence.com ? ), they got back to me pretty quickly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hi Danny, This is all very subjective and maybe there are others that you would like or prefer, but Private Jack is a great choice for blues, rock and classic rock, in my opinion.

E-mailed almost instantly back.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

^ I told you they were quick, that's cool. go with that then. The relatively low wattage (for an eminence) shouldn't hurt you either.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?